So, might and magic Showdown looks good

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Jaspergentry
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

So, might and magic Showdown looks good

Unread postby Jaspergentry » 19 Jan 2017, 17:05

Was this expected? I am very curious...
Na, That's not me...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: So, might and magic Showdown looks good

Unread postby Pol » 19 Jan 2017, 20:28

Generally not, although VIP people were certainly knowing in advance. At this moment this is quite an unique game mixture but if short online fights can create just that only one match more and I will go sleep feel it may be good.

The rooster is limited though and from one video the most unexpected feature is, that you can hide an actual combat and just wait for a result. That's logical as you cannot do anything for it, once you programme your units.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Jan 2017, 14:03

I just think that the use of M&M brand to this game, just after the fiasco of H7, was ill done. Fans expecting a decent production, or at least, a game on the lines of the usual genres, in the hope of making up for the mess of the last games. Then, they get this, a completely alien thing. It would be ok to me if it was called Ubipainter. But entitling it M&M made me aghast, almost affronted. Alas, just another day at Ubi, no matter what I think of it.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Jan 2017, 14:29

I don't know. Is Ubisoft compelled to keep releasing HoMM games every two or three years, in the hope that someday they'll manage to recreate the magic of H2/H3? They tried, with limited success, and obviously the oldtimers have not been impressed.

I like the fact that they are trying different routes instead of letting the Might and Magic name become a footnote in history books. I'd love a computer board game (à la Talisman) with the M&M name on it. Or another FPS like Dark Messiah. Or Might and Magic breakfast cereals, I would definitely buy that. :D
Last edited by Angelspit on 20 Jan 2017, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Jan 2017, 16:58

:slap:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Jan 2017, 21:07

Panda Tar the timing is the question. But you can easily see why this game bears Might & Magic mark - because it does belong to this family. Although it's a niche in "a niche market".

I can easily imagine that implemented into some feature Heroes game like optinal Add-On.

This is small but important step in gaming evolution. Sure it doesn't solve any of the big problems but certainly it also doesn't aim to. And yes, Ubi is trying a new format. That's like Wow! And finally they did a contest!

Because the last contest which I remember was from Heroes V. by Fabrice. And that's really some time ago.

As for timing it would sound more logical to have H7 still under patching, prepping the second Add-On and then surprise with this. The situation didn't evolved here and never will as time cannot flow backward.

In Free version you have just five miniatures, drawing is a bit simplistic but fast. Performance is needed for rotating and zoom but note that I'm also under minimal requirements and it's working almost normally. So minimal requirements are a bit overrated, when what you only want is to paint.

To have a workshop, hero or monster or other object is a great idea. Having it in game, and I mean in real Might&Magic Heroes game, would be even better. :)

Although, the first contest with H5 was better, more freedom and more creativity of your own. Sadly I think that I lost the pics.

You can watch new contributions here.
Last edited by Pol on 20 Jan 2017, 22:25, edited 4 times in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Campfire”