[Universe] What do you think of Ashan ?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

What do you think of Ashan ?

Great world ! Exactly the universe HoMM needed.
11%
A decent, but not very innovative, fantasy world.
34%
It's not Might and Magic anymore, it's Warhammer of Dungeons and Dragons.
9%
The old universe, with Ancients and Kreegans, was far batter.
22%
The old universe, with Ancients and Kreegans, was far batter.
22%
Who cares about the universe, anyway ?
2%

Total votes: 91

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 21 Jun 2006, 13:40

And you liked the sequels because of their brilliant story?Somehow I doubt that.
"Somehow" your doubts have nothing to do with whether I liked it or not. Or do you doubt my sincerity?

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 21 Jun 2006, 14:00

Continuity wrote:There's lots of awkward phrasings in the story, but "Griffin eternal" and "Griffin undying" are not two fo those.
Oh yes, they are! The first time I heard ‘Griffin eternal’ in-game* it was funny, the second time merely amusing, the third time I was indifferent. But every time after that it becomes more and more annoying.

There is no conviction used when it’s spoken; the phrase sounds tacked on and awkward even at the best of times. It may have been INTENDED as a battle cry, but it still sounds foolish. Moreover they use it too much; they could have cut a few utterances of it out, or at least interspersed it with something different. As it is it seems like that is the only Ashan exclamation its people were able to devise.

(*Yes, I have it working now!)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jun 2006, 14:02

Sikon wrote:"Somehow" your doubts have nothing to do with whether I liked it or not. Or do you doubt my sincerity?
No,Im just saying that matrix 2 and 3 have none of the depthness of the first part.They are just fighting,and fighting,and fighting,a hint of a story and some more fighting.Sure,there were a lot of special effects and fights in matrix 1,but not as much as in the sequels.And there was a story in 1 as well.A nice story too.Although not the most original one(Ive seen a movie,a cartoon and read two stories on that topic before It appeared),but original to large masses.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 21 Jun 2006, 14:24

No,Im just saying that matrix 2 and 3 have none of the depthness of the first part.
There are plenty of "hidden meaning" threads on Matrix fan forums. On one of them, which I used to visit, there were way more "story discussion" threads generated by Reloaded and Revolutions than the original film. Everything sees what they want to see, and saying "none of the depthness" is subjective.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jun 2006, 14:47

Sikon wrote:There are plenty of "hidden meaning" threads on Matrix fan forums. On one of them, which I used to visit, there were way more "story discussion" threads generated by Reloaded and Revolutions than the original film. Everything sees what they want to see, and saying "none of the depthness" is subjective.
Its just normal that fans will try to defend the lame moves of the producers.When reloaded came out I was among those that said "Sure it was a lot of fighting,but the twists were nice".I defended the stupid scene where neo destroyed the sentinels as "It was an ion pulse behind him".But when the revolutions came,I just gave up.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 21 Jun 2006, 15:00

Your problem.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Jun 2006, 15:13

And this isnt about matrix, keep on topic..

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 21 Jun 2006, 17:23

It did seem really lame that the Herores would constantly act in unusual ways during the dialouge. I'm not going to go to Taco Bell, order my food, raise a sword in the air, and shout "Griffin Eternal!" Nor am I going to wave a staff around when I am talking to someone on the street while pretending to cast a spell.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jun 2006, 17:29

I find the dialogue more irritating. It's easier to close my eyes then to put fingers in my ears. And it's way easier to imagine using just sounds then just images. Or at least to get it closer to what's intended.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 21 Jun 2006, 17:33

You must love Finidan then ThunderTitan.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Jun 2006, 17:41

Cant wait getting to that campaign :-D

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jun 2006, 17:44

Actualy Findan was no where near as annoying as I expected him to be. His "poetry" was just plainly dull.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 21 Jun 2006, 18:04

Omega_Destroyer wrote:It did seem really lame that the Herores would constantly act in unusual ways during the dialouge. I'm not going to go to Taco Bell, order my food, raise a sword in the air, and shout "Griffin Eternal!" Nor am I going to wave a staff around when I am talking to someone on the street while pretending to cast a spell.
I always do imaginary golf and bat swings when talking to people. I also often times do some mad ninja moves while talking about the weather, waiting for the bus to arrive.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jun 2006, 18:36

Linky wrote: I always do imaginary golf and bat swings when talking to people. I also often times do some mad ninja moves while talking about the weather, waiting for the bus to arrive.
I normaly just use a flashlight on my face to punctuate a point. And I always try to talk the same way all the time, no matter what i'm saying. Inflrctions are for weirdos.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 21 Jun 2006, 18:41

The sky is dark,
I swing my club,
It looks like rain,
I must see Tieru.

Now that's great poetry worthy of Finidan.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 21 Jun 2006, 18:44

Omega_Destroyer wrote:The sky is dark,
I swing my club,
It looks like rain,
I must see Tieru.

Now that's great poetry worthy of Finidan.
:lolu: :lolu: :lolu:

What a nice meld of haiku and rhyme :no:

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 21 Jun 2006, 19:00

The sky is dark,
I swing my club,
It looks like rain,
I must see Tieru.
FEATURE!!!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”