The Cultists - Bugged?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Nocturne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultists - Bugged?

Unread postby Nocturne » 28 Oct 2016, 17:23

Hello, I'm currently playing the mission "The Cultists" in the Dungeon Campaign of HommV and I seem to have encountered a bug. After I took the 2nd town, a red Demon Army spawned in the southeastern corner of the map but it won't move. This army is supposed to walk the road until it gets to my base and challenge me, but it seems to be stuck in the corner doing nothing for several weeks now. I'm wondering if there's any known fix for this as I don't want this potentionally very challenging mission to be easy.
I'm also wondering if (without spoiling anything preferably) there are more of these bugs around, potentionally gamebreaking ones? I have v 1.6 and I've tried restarting the mission to no avail.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Re: The Cultists - Bugged?

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 11 Nov 2016, 13:35

I've run into this bug as well in recent years.

It seems to be quite random. Sometimes the heroes just sit there and do nothing, other times they charge towards your city. At times one hero will just sit there, while another hero spawned later will charge towards the city. I've never been able to figure out a fix to this myself.

Even without any of the red heroes coming however, this map is still probably one of the toughest map in the game however (only rivaled by Agrael mission 3 in my opinion).

Antalyan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Antalyan » 11 Nov 2016, 15:52

The best possibility is probably to play all vanilla & HoF campaigns in ToE.
Wryn Pendragon Umbranacer community H7 project: http://wpu.worldofheroes.cz/indexEN.html
H7 Unoffical Community Mod

Nocturne
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nocturne » 15 Feb 2017, 01:53

ShadowLiberal wrote:I've run into this bug as well in recent years.

It seems to be quite random. Sometimes the heroes just sit there and do nothing, other times they charge towards your city. At times one hero will just sit there, while another hero spawned later will charge towards the city. I've never been able to figure out a fix to this myself.

Even without any of the red heroes coming however, this map is still probably one of the toughest map in the game however (only rivaled by Agrael mission 3 in my opinion).
Hello and apologies for the (very) late reply - I just haven't had much time for Heroes recently.

I've never had the Demons attacking me, I did plenty of restarts but could never get them to attack me - annoying. Using the console I noticed alot of scripting errors and the Elven Campaign was even worse, I couldn't even finish the first mission because Biara refused to attack! :|

Well I was playing on Hard and it was dirt easy. :X I tried restarting on Heroic a few times but just couldn't finish it that way, suppose my Heroes were not optimally built (I built them as standard Warlocks with Destro/Luck/Attack etc - No Light Magic). I started playing on Heroic after this mission and didn't really encounter any major difficulties since.
Agrael's 3rd mission I actually beat on my first try despite doing everything wrong (Taking the first town before week 2, etc). :) When Gilraen came with an army labeled "No Chance" I was certain I'd have to restart but decided to give it a shot and was able to win through hit'n'run attacks on his bases until I finally outproduced him. A fine example of how useful Logistics can be (Without it I would have been royally screwed), and how stupid the AI is...

Anyways thanks for the advice.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”