Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Starcraft 2!

Unread postby Pol » 16 Sep 2015, 20:42

@TT
Good one, as always.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 18 Sep 2015, 15:55

Starcraft is one of the few games I buy at full price. However, since I'm pretty busy at the moment, I think I'll wait for the first discount sale at Fry's for Legacy of the Void before I pick it up, since I likely won't get to it until the price drops anyway :)

I used to play it all the time, but Blizzard ruined team games for me (which was by and far my favorite part of the multiplayer), so I only play the campaigns now.

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 19 Sep 2015, 23:32

Starcraft 2... i kind of fast played those campaigns on Wings of Liberty multiplayer was just too fast and complicated for me...
so haven't since much look into this series... crisp and smooth game though...
i'm more waiting for that blizzard warcraft movie... it actually would be a nice to know what have i played all this years...

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 14 Oct 2015, 20:41

Final expansion is almost here! Going to be really tough for me to not buy it on day 1 ~_~

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 03 Nov 2015, 03:54

just buy it on day 1; Blizzard quality is such that game WILL be working, and it won't be discounted a year from now anyway.

I personally am planning to buy it asap, although not necessarily on day 1 since that may not fit my schedule. I cannot stop gaming once I start, so I'd rather wait for when I have time to spare.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 03 Nov 2015, 15:44

Yeah, I know it will for sure be good to go on day 1. I just don't have a lot of time to spare right now, and I remember seeing HotS for half off during a Fry's promo not too long after it came out. So, I'm probably going to wait since I have plenty of other stuff to do, keep an eye on the promos, and grab it when I see it then :)

The only thing I'll have to look out for is spoilers!

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 09 Nov 2015, 20:35

Tomorrow! It's going to be really tough to not pick it up at midnight.. Especially since I will be finishing a soccer game at 11:45pm..

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 12 Nov 2015, 04:45

I just watched a few youtube warcraft 3 videos and looked at the comments. This game is still very active, 13 years after it came out and long after popular RTS or fantasy alternatives have been produced.

As for Starcraft 1, amazing thing it that some people still buy this game. These aren't nostalgic collectors, but people who heard about the game from all their friends and saw the videos on youtube and decided they had to get a piece of the action.

I know that there are some diehard fans who actually say they like H6 or that their favorite Heroes was H5 or that H7 is a great game. But will they still play it 13 years later?

Ubisoft doesn't even begin to understand the concept of quality.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 12 Nov 2015, 06:18

I still like Starcraft/Broodwar better than SC2. SC2 is dumbed down and the multiplayer (specifically team games) was reduced to shared bases if you want to play ranked games. I loved playing 2v2 on iccup in brood war. Talk about insanely challenging! You had to be able to get units and get out on the map immediately or the other team had map control and you lost. Hardcore team micro battles simply can't be beat in SC1 / BW :D

Now, I only play multiplayer for SC2 when my friends beg me to play. I do, however, enjoy the campaign, but since that's all I'm going to play, I'm waiting for LotV to go on sale :D

If anyone played team melee in SC1/BW, they've apparently brought that game mode back for this expansion, so I may actually do some multiplayer for that :D

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”