Jagged Alliance 2?

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
magritte2
Peasant
Peasant

Jagged Alliance 2?

Unread postby magritte2 » 27 Aug 2016, 00:07

I noticed this game on sale at GoG and I've heard good things about it, but it gets compared to XCOM which I never played. Is it something that HOMM players tend to like? Does it play nice on modern computers?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Jagged Alliance 2?

Unread postby Pol » 27 Aug 2016, 07:16

From both views it should be good. Which reminds me that I have JA I. but never played it, the same goes with this one.

Anyway X-COM is superpb, and have nothing common with homm, apart from fact that both are fun. :D

Check reviews or youtube videos, you will se quickly.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 27 Aug 2016, 14:39

I played it when it was first released by Sir-tech; while it was okay I had just played several games using similar game setups (all the Baldur's Gate games) of multi hero team somewhat rt combat and not true turn based like I prefer. I never got hooked as it was not much new; however it was well received but did not save Sir-tech. :(
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

magritte2
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby magritte2 » 30 Aug 2016, 14:12

Well, I picked up (hey at $2.49 it's not much of a risk)...it's definitely nothing like Heroes. I would have described the combat system as closer to Fallout than Baldur's Gate, though. It's not a pausable real time game, it's only deviation from true turn-based being the interrupts as far as I can tell. I'm definitely not used to games that you have to read the manual before starting anymore, though.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”