Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
jeff

Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars

Unread postby jeff » 11 Jul 2015, 00:14

Wargaming has bought the rights to Master of Orion and are rebooting the game. It will come in two parts; the initial release will feature the MOO 1 races; the DLC will be adding in the MOO 2 races. It appears promising. Check it out at HERE MOO. There are links to the forum and a video teaser.

Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Jul 2015, 09:35

Hmmm ... skeptical ... :|

Master of Orion 2 was one of the greatest games ever made. Being naturally skeptical towards "re-makes" in the first place, as well as knowing the failure of MoO3, I fear a reboot can only serve to ruin the reputation of the old games. But I guess time will tell ...
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Jul 2015, 12:00

I have both MOO2 and MOO3 (and played a lot of MOO1) and I heard about this some time ago.
However few days ago I also heard (unconfirmed) rumors that new one won't have tactical battles (personaly command your fleet) because developers think that only 10% of gamers played this feature.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 11 Jul 2015, 13:09

Keep checking the forums as the details are being slowly released; much like UBI. I do not think they will make the MOO 3 mistake, but there is talk of star lanes. I know nothing of them as I never played MOO 3. One thing is certain Wargaming has the resources to do a good job; but will they is the question. ;|

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Jul 2015, 13:55

In MoO2, I loved tactical battles. I loaded up my Titans or Doom stars with +99 plasma cannons and boosted them with hyper X capacitors and other buffs, making one of my ships able to take out loooots of enemies. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Madaxe
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Re: Master of Orion: Conquer the Stars

Unread postby Madaxe » 11 Sep 2015, 17:57

MOO is one of my all time favorite series, right up there with HOMM. So, I am very curious how this goes. Wargaming definitely has the resources to do this right. But, if that rumor is true that there will be no tactical combat, it just isn't MOO. That would be like HOMM without tactical, just quick combat. Yech..... Let's hope that rumor is false!! :canthear:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 Sep 2015, 16:31

The WG community managers have been 'UBI' quiet on that subject; but there is a screenshot showing a button labeled tactical combat. What that means is a point of argument on their forum.

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 19 Sep 2015, 23:29

Master of Orion 2... some friends of mine has been playing and praising this game for years... good game... but strangely it never hit on me x)
i like its atmosphere and style but it's just too slow for me like civilization and simcitys etc games are...
i don't think this next installment is going to be much different... but inspiring game i should someday really really play it...

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”