Dragon's Fate Campaign Run in Equilibris crashes starting Map 7

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Dragon's Fate Campaign Run in Equilibris crashes starting Map 7

Unread postby Steven Aus » 15 Sep 2015, 01:54

It sometimes even causes errors in my system if I try multiple times to end Map 6 and try to start Map 7 and it crashes. I tried temporarily turning off the Firewall and Malware Protection programs (and putting exceptions for trusted program for h4mod.exe) but that didn't make any difference. Also, Application Execution Prevention is set only for Windows programs. There is obviously an error triggering SOMEWHERE which causes h4mod.exe to close and sometimes affects the system. Not sure whether this happens in WoW too, but I have played too far into the campaign/map to be able to load the map 6 into WoW, and anyway I want to use the Equilibris changes.

Here is the latest save, from Map 6. You need to go to the Quest Hut regarding alliances (north east of the position the heroes and army are in), say yes, and then walk or town gate to the starting town. Without compromising your system, can you tell me what is going on, or at least give me a save at the start of map 7 if you can successfully start the map?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/awvfl7nzar93u ... es.7z?dl=0

Here's the campaign zip file, the same as is available on CH.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbzc0qpod8i9m ... e.zip?dl=0

I'm not sure if Jeff, the author of this campaign still has access to Equilibris, and anyway I think you might have more of an idea what the problem is in this case.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

jeff

Re: Dragon's Fate Campaign Run in Equilibris crashes starting Map 7

Unread postby jeff » 15 Sep 2015, 21:39

I do not know what may be the problem. DF has been remarkably stable and bug free for 10 years. It was not designed to be played with equilibris; one or two maps ran the risk of not being playable due to the removal of some items required for quests from the ‘stores’. I believe I gave CH a version a few years ago that added a quest hut store that sold those items so equilibris could be used.

I downloaded the file but my computer does not recognize the type; so I could not look at it. I do have some save games that are 11 years old that are not equilibris. I have never played it using the mod. Hopefully someone who has played the game more recently can give you a better save game.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 16 Sep 2015, 08:40

I used the 7-zip archive format (.7z) - I will upload it again as just a zip. For anyone wanting to try or is interested in the high-compression 7-zip, it can be found at http://www.7-zip.org/

Here is my save game archived in a .zip file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9r7xkam77vre ... s.zip?dl=0
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Sep 2015, 20:32

I did look at your savegame; it may be a windows 7 thing; I can't move to map 7 as it is looking for your G-drive. I have had that problem when trying to restart a play tester savegame but never moving to a new map. I find I can't restart any of my save games as they are looking for the C drive directory of my computer of 10 years ago. Unfortunately the ~ replaces too many characters to guess the exact directory name to create it. None of this is of any comfort and I am sorry as I have not heard of this problem before. Perhaps UBI changed something in Heroes complete; perhaps its Win 7 and the way it handles files. There is nothing cosmic about the map 7 startup so that should not be the problem. Perhaps someone can send you a savegame file that would be usable; as many of mine have unusual settings to test the possible variations of the game and frankly I don't remember if any are a vanilla play through.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Max_HMMI
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Max_HMMI » 20 Sep 2015, 09:29

Steven Aus
1. Make on You computer the folder D:\Win 7 64 bit Program Files\GOG.com\Heroes of Might and Magic 4 Complete\maps\CustomMaps\ and load in this folder file Dragon's Fate.h4c
2. Use this save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kMX9 ... sp=sharing
3. Load save of point 2 and finish Map 6.
4. ...
5. PROFIT!
;)

Steven Aus
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Steven Aus » 20 Sep 2015, 09:35

I found out how to get my save to work without crashing. Thanks for your offer though! =)

Return to “Equilibris”