H4 Map Generator Updated

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

H4 Map Generator Updated

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 09 Oct 2016, 22:54

Hello everyone! News from iLiVeInAbOx05:

A new H4MG build is ready for download. Go here to get it! If you haven't tried it out yet, read the instructions, otherwise just scroll to the bottom of the page and download it Image

The AI Enhancing portion of the H4MG has come far enough along that it’s ready to be released. Additional AI enhancing events and features will continue to be developed and released (discussed in this thread.)

Here is a video with a demonstration and info:

www.youtube.com/embed/8bFYz3EIBcI?rel=0&feature=youtu.be

Here is a what can be done with the AI panel:
- Add a number of AI enhancing events at the push of a button.
- Clear all AI enhancing events at the push of a button.
- Edit the AI enhancing events while being able to restore the events to their defaults.

Planned features for the AI panel:
- Save / load your AI profile (the settings you prefer for AI enhancements).
Here is a list of events / scripts implemented followed by those still on the way:
AI Enhancement
- Show entire map for AI
- Make every player "vital" under AI properties
- Events to give gold / resources to AI (including recurring increases)
- Increase starting level of AI heroes
- Reduce neutrals on encounter for AI (fewer AI losses while still gaining normal experience)
- Increased AI movement
- Increased AI experience
- Increase dwelling populations for AI towns
- Starting skills for new AI heroes. (Need suggestions for skill combinations)
- AI artifact sorting (PatFX working on this)
- AI hero stat buffs

Other
- Balancing mechanism for neutral armies for each difficulty level
- Make the AI options tunable for difficulty. The easiest way to do this would be to have a selectable percentage reduction applied for each difficulty level under champion.
- Control neutrals vs. an opponent.

This release also includes a feature to copy/paste or move a selected area of a map. Note: move will only work on the same map and level. See the video below for a demonstration/explanation!

www.youtube.com/embed/O_Tg9DXT3eU?rel=0
Read full article...
Last edited by Pol on 10 Oct 2016, 07:08, edited 2 times in total.
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Re: H4 Map Generator Updated

Unread postby Romanov77 » 12 Oct 2016, 11:40

Will this eventually be compatible with the new upcoming equlibris HD?

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 12 Oct 2016, 11:47

This tool should work with any Equilibris map. The hd mod should have no effect on the .h4c map files, so should cause no issues :)

Currently it doesn't work for H4 standard maps, but all you have to do is convert the standard map to a WoW map by placing a WoW object on the map with the map editor, save the map, remove the object, and save again.
Last edited by iLiVeInAbOx05 on 12 Oct 2016, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 12 Oct 2016, 13:30

Hm, standard maps doesn't work? This explains a lot. I was going to write it's bugged as hell :D But I'll test it more. The funny thing is one time it actually worked with "Tale of Two Enemies" scenario....and it's standard.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 12 Oct 2016, 13:55

Yeah right now it doesn't work for standard maps, but Namerutan dug into what needs to be fixed, and it's simple, so we should have that updated pretty soon :)

Beriand
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Beriand » 13 Oct 2016, 15:13

Taro wrote:Hm, standard maps doesn't work? This explains a lot.
Yeah, I thought I am just too dumb to run it. :D Glad to hear this problem will be fixed.
But now it seems not to display S-sized maps properly. The minimap is completely distorted.
I also got some graphical glitches (maybe from trying to load not-WoW maps), where file,edit..-bar was duplicated underneath. Will try to reproduce it.

All in all a great work. Copy/paste feature is just a dream. Keep this going :tsup:

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 13 Oct 2016, 15:35

Beriand wrote:Yeah, I thought I am just too dumb to run it. :D Glad to hear this problem will be fixed.
But now it seems not to display S-sized maps properly. The minimap is completely distorted.
I also got some graphical glitches (maybe from trying to load not-WoW maps), where file,edit..-bar was duplicated underneath. Will try to reproduce it.

All in all a great work. Copy/paste feature is just a dream. Keep this going :tsup:
Lol sorry about that guys! I'm not sure why I forgot to mention that little detail, but yes it will be fixed!

I've got a lot on my plate right now, but I really want to get this issue taken care of and a renaming feature for variables and triggerable events implemented by the end of this weekend.

After that I plan to switch gears and get back on The Unity campaign project, since I've been slacking there lately :)

I also noticed the minimap distortion glitch you speak of when trying to load an H4 standard map. Was yours also an H4 standard map when you noticed the problem? Please send me the maps you are having issues with so that I can take a look and test them once I get the fixes in place :) I'll pm you my email.

Thanks for trying it out and giving me feedback!

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 20 Oct 2016, 15:45

Quick update: The next release of the H4MG is available for download (same place, see original post).

With Namerutan's help, the H4MG should now support standard version maps. Please let us know if you encounter any problems with standard version maps.

Also in this release is the ability to rename variables (numeric or boolean). You can specify the scope of the rename: event, object, or map. If you choose event, then all instances of the variable in an event will be renamed; in object, all instances of the variable in the object being edited will be renamed; in map, all instances of the variable in the map will be renamed.

Only thing to be careful of with the renaming feature: If you have a boolean and numeric variable with the same name, do not use this feature to rename one of these variables. Right now I don't have a way to determine if a variable is numeric or boolean type when it's in a condition or is part of a set command, so all are captured and renamed right now.

To avoid this, use good programming practices and make sure you don't name a boolean and numeric variable the same thing ;)

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 17 Nov 2016, 19:27

H4MG was updated again.

I fixed a bug in the last version which caused quest huts to not show up in the quest objects table under the events tab. There are also some debug options to help with creating new objects from old ones.

Go here for instructions on getting it downloaded and setup.

If you have already set everything up, here's the updated zip file.

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 04 Jan 2017, 16:18

Is this playable online? Tips: S-M maps for 2 players with good balance and no possibility to break quickly.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 04 Jan 2017, 16:30

This tool only helps with map creation and gives additional options not available in the H4 Editor. Anything you do with it still renders a regular .h4c file, so using it to edit maps that you would play online would still give you a map that is playable online.

Basically, it does not mod the game in any way. It just edits H4 (and Equilibris) maps :)

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 04 Jan 2017, 20:36

Well, my point is that it would be nice if RMG could be included in game menu with easy creator of "online" maps.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 04 Jan 2017, 21:24

Ah, well you didn't say anything about an RMG in your post :)

I definitely wanted to work on an RMG, but my time has become pretty limited lately :(

Return to “News”