Heroes Moving in on China?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

Heroes Moving in on China?

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 15 Sep 2016, 18:39

There's an interesting announcement on Ubisoft's Chinese channel, talking about a cooperation designed to increase Ubisoft's sphere of influence, increasing their activity in the Chinese market. Granted, my Chinese is about as good as my Klingon, so I had to rely on an online translating tool and things may have gotten lost in translation - still, it seems Ubisoft are looking to spread their market shares in the mobile market by entering into such cooperations.

The international channels are quiet so far, so there is no telling what effect (if any) this will have on the English-speaking part of the franchise.
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Heroes Moving in on China?

Unread postby Pol » 15 Sep 2016, 18:47

Here is also the CGI trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOoeuFDEyTA

Better pretend that I didn't seen it. Of course, it was honor.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 16 Sep 2016, 04:53

I must laugh.

H3 was severely pirated in China. Fans made many mods and many custom scenarios.

Now Ubisoft wants to come in and offer a rebadged version of the same thing for what is probably going to be a high price. You'll have to accept all the Uplay constraints, and probably a lot of bugs as well.

In the meantime the trailer looks like one of these modern kawaii cutesy animes. From a game that has always been fairly adult and mature in outlook.

It would be amazing if it did well.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Sep 2016, 06:46

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Sep 2016, 19:31

cjlee wrote: Now Ubisoft wants to come in and offer a rebadged version of the same thing for what is probably going to be a high price.
Most likely not. Don't forget that Might and Magic titles (like many other things) in China cost fragment of price, what on europian market. So sorting that by prices from most to less: "Most of Europe" >>> "USA" >> "Developing Markets" > Specific/Restricted markets (mostly China).

Just guessing in $ it may be like that (for some, less or more identical, fictional title):
50$ >>> 38$ >> 25$ >> 10$

And on China market they do buy mobile games! Also heroic games/stories have a strong base here, it's part of their culture and I mean really a deep one.

So, yea, they may hit. And at least from one perspective it's already from China (China studios participated in current MM titles already) to China with love.

On the other hand, it's Ubisoft. :creative:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 18 Sep 2016, 03:47

Pol wrote:
Most likely not. Don't forget that Might and Magic titles (like many other things) in China cost fragment of price, what on europian market. So sorting that by prices from most to less: "Most of Europe" >>> "USA" >> "Developing Markets" > Specific/Restricted markets (mostly China).

Just guessing in $ it may be like that (for some, less or more identical, fictional title):
50$ >>> 38$ >> 25$ >> 10$

And on China market they do buy mobile games! Also heroic games/stories have a strong base here, it's part of their culture and I mean really a deep one.

So, yea, they may hit. And at least from one perspective it's already from China (China studios participated in current MM titles already) to China with love.

On the other hand, it's Ubisoft. :creative:
Ah yes, the Ubisoft problem.

You forget that China is already a very competitive market for cheap or free games on mobiles. This market is well developed and competitive and there are many social games around which have firmly established fan bases.

Ubisoft can't even get its basic Uplay right. Unless they are piggybacking or renting some Chinese system, I don't see them reliably hosting a multiplayer platform in China.

On the other hand... this experience may teach them a thing or two about making their multiplayer and online DRM systems better...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 18 Sep 2016, 07:15

I didn't but we don't know nothing about Ubisoft position here. They may be already established.
"We made it!"

overall
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby overall » 18 Sep 2016, 17:16

it's just... good business... ;( doesn't really look game for me so i'm gonna skip this...

Return to “News”