JVC's Creature Quest

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

JVC's Creature Quest

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 07 Jan 2016, 00:23

ImageJon Van Caneghem's new game, Creature Quest, now has its own website and a trailer. Currently available "Down Under", you can sign up to the site to keep tabs on the development and further availability.

Creature Quest is a mobile game designed for iOS, and can be downloaded from iTunes.
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Re: JVC's Creature Quest

Unread postby Baronus » 07 Jan 2016, 18:22

JVC is back! Fantastic! Brilliant! Wonderfull!

Fuddelbaerentatze
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Fuddelbaerentatze » 07 Jan 2016, 21:02

Intresting. I love that it is more like an abstract, board gameish type of thing. On top no movement on the battlefield - hurray! Flanking? Cross the Battlefield in one turn? Fly over obstacles? Gone! Allways felt that these were kind of superfluous elements of strategical depth in gameplay. Imho this kind of things don't bring much excitement for the player but make the AI programming much more difficult and lead to arduous disccussions about the right type of simulation like hexes vs square, size of the battlefield and so on - all factors that add complexity without necessarily improving gameplay ...

tldr: Back to basics - nice!

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 07 Jan 2016, 22:57

Pirats...
Purashing system:
https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/creatur ... 31829?mt=8
Top In-App Purchases
1. 650 Diamonds $30.99
2. 325 Diamonds $14.99
3. 150 Diamonds $7.99
4. 2100 Diamonds $89.99
5. 1350 Diamonds $62.99

Pirats crashing it and there is thievery system.

url and text Deleted by Moderator
I agree too many 'free' games are far too expensive to play; this may be one of them; but the purchasing diamonds is one way this game is supposed to make money. We cannot allow hack tools to be posted here that essentially are a type of theft. jeff

DONT DESTROY JON NEW FIRM!

edited
8.00 day after
I gived this link to warnig! Not to using. Dont do it. I think that people who want more and more diamonds with no payment will find this page. Better thing is warning DONT USE IT! You can play free this game. WHY YOU WANT MORE? JONS FIRM NEEDS MONEY! IF ALL PLAYERS WILL USE PIRATE PROGRAM JON WILL AGAINT BANKRUPT! A THERE WILL BE NO GAMES FROM HIM!
Last edited by Baronus on 08 Jan 2016, 08:10, edited 1 time in total.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 08 Jan 2016, 03:14

That's nice art style.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 09 Jan 2016, 13:41

15 minutes gameplay

PS
Creatures look cute.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 09 Jan 2016, 19:37

I don't really know what's going on there, but the battle system does not look very engaging. The rest of the game is put together nicely though.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 09 Jan 2016, 19:49

You play it? What about with this system?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jan 2016, 19:53

Hmm, cute indeed. Wonderful graphics. Are any puzzles in?

Anyway from me :tsup:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

runemaker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby runemaker » 12 Jan 2016, 17:28

This looks fun but is it another 'free to play' but in reality you need to spend a ton of money on gems, or something in order for the game to be playable? Like cash of clans? I'd love to just buy the game for a single flat rate.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Jan 2016, 18:55

Looks rather cute and it must be fun to spend some time when there's nothing else to do with your phone. The video looks like more fun than H7.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 20 Jan 2016, 23:36

Another CARD game? IOS and Android is full of them. And this one has no animation even, just nice drawings and flashy effects....
I am sorry, but y'know, I want my game I play on a handheld computer to have actual GRAPHICS. These things can handle 3D animation these days! And yet half of the online games feature paper cut-outs. Yes, I know, cheaper to animate. But to me, lazy.

Also, I expected something better from the great JVC than another such clone.

Then again, it was a folly of me to expect a good turn based strategy for a handheld device. Clash of Heroes was the last such game. Even Etherlord is totally different these days:

http://www.etherlords.com/
Fuddelbaerentatze wrote:Intresting. I love that it is more like an abstract, board gameish type of thing. On top no movement on the battlefield - hurray! Flanking? Cross the Battlefield in one turn? Fly over obstacles? Gone! Allways felt that these were kind of superfluous elements of strategical depth in gameplay. Imho this kind of things don't bring much excitement for the player but make the AI programming much more difficult and lead to arduous disccussions about the right type of simulation like hexes vs square, size of the battlefield and so on - all factors that add complexity without necessarily improving gameplay ...

tldr: Back to basics - nice!
I cannot tell that you are being sarcastic, or your expectations were really THAT low. :wall:

Return to “News”