Heroes VII: February Screenshots

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Aemaeth
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Aemaeth » 02 Feb 2015, 21:23

Dear Heroes,

H7's Dev Blog announce new screeenshots for player which cannot wait no longer for more information.

Fans can discover 2 screenshots for the adventure map, new environements and some combat map.

So, as me, have you fond some nice information about the game in those screenshots?

<i>Hello Councillors,

Let’s start this week (& month) with some new screenshots of Might & Magic Heroes VII!

It’s been a while since the last batch of screenshots but we hope this will permit you to bear the wait until faction’s videos!

Please keep in mind that those screenshots are work in progress and won’t reflect final quality/ambiance of the game.</i>

Find more information on <a Href="https://mmh7.ubi.com/fr/blog/post/view/ ... ts">Heroes VII Dev Blog</a>.

<p align"center"><src img="https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0004/p ... b.jpg"></p>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1422912225

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Feb 2015, 22:11

Looks like minimal requirements will be C2D 2GHz, Nvidia GT240, 2GB RAM. But I really, really hope for 2D mode/mod. Having 3D Scenery around is nice for admiring the terrain and bad for concentration.
Edited on Mon, Feb 02 2015, 17:25 by Pol
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 02 Feb 2015, 22:25

Or they could just give us 3D townscreens :)
"I did put the fires out."
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Feb 2015, 22:57

Or Mirror Labyrint. :-D

No really, life in town screens yeas, walking living humanoids, whistling birds, moving clouds, rainbow - yes. 3D, umm, not for me.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 03 Feb 2015, 08:59

where did you got those requirements?
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 Feb 2015, 11:08

@Romanov77
It's just assumption, based on screenshots and some information about Unreal 3 engine requirements.
"We made it!"

Fuddelbaerentatze
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Fuddelbaerentatze » 03 Feb 2015, 13:03

How to interpret the battleground in the thumb above -

- Just an odd camera angle to get a nice vista

or

- something like half of the battlefield is over the edge of the cliff, only for flyers?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Feb 2015, 13:51

They explained there somewhere that the cameras are not positioned as those you can naturally see in the game. They were positioned in such way so you could see things in their (devs) perspective.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes VII: February Screenshots

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 04 Feb 2015, 01:44

Fuddelbaerentatze wrote:
- something like half of the battlefield is over the edge of the cliff, only for flyers?
It would be interesting having flyer only areas on battlefield, but it probably wouldn't be good for balance.

Also, the scale of heroes/units compared with trees, mountains, etc, is strange. I wonder how it would look with normal sized trees and mountains, but it might not be practical to see stuff/concentrate. I think homm would look awesome in hand drawn 2D environments.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 04 Feb 2015, 02:31

They also said the proportions of units/entities are not final. Hopefully not!
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

crislevin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby crislevin » 06 Feb 2015, 19:42

It's quite obvious the camera angle can be flexible, make it available for players! H5 is so much better with free camera.

Ermelloth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ermelloth » 12 Feb 2015, 10:02

While it looks nice, it hardly feels... "heroic". While town screen does yet remind some of the previous games, the battle screens feel so alien for 18-year-Heroes player which I am.
I think homm would look awesome in hand drawn 2D environments.
I absolutely agree with you! Not everything should be made 3D to please little kids and hardware marketers. H3HD new graphics just proved the point. Beside, HoMM was never a game for kids. My 11-year-old son hardly understands advanced tactical and economic concepts of Heroes3 and it's normal.

From tournament runner's PoV and online player PoV - these graphics heavy and laggy 3d games with huge models are a huge pain in the. I have a new i7 PC bought 4 months ago and Heroes 6 was still laggy sometimes.

I think that Heroes' games should be 2d or at least pseudo-2d (isometric 3d looking like 2d). The emphasize must be put on gameplay and AI instead of drawing these huge 3d unit models - perhaps nice, but totally insignificant.

I mean, Heroes6 looked very nice, but was it any good and even comparable in quality with Heroes 3-4?

P.S.

"It won't sell and be competitive with 3D games" they say. But if instead it could work on Androids, no problem - it will sell. Androids are a huge new market that can't be underestimated, and 2D games perfectly fit it.
Ermelloth, HMM3 and HotA tournaments runner, Heroesportal.Net team

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 12 Feb 2015, 10:28

Well, H6 was not the best optimized game to be honest =)

There was this interview where they talked about it codewise and they said it was kind of a mess.
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Feb 2015, 11:38

Yeah I actually had a look at BH's code and it was hideously complicated. Compared to the more efficient coding Limbic were able to put together during the fixing stage, it looked insane.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Neidhaart
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Neidhaart » 12 Feb 2015, 12:01

You did? Thats supercool!
"You made them worse!"
"Worse?!... Or better?"

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Feb 2015, 12:32

Ermelloth wrote: I absolutely agree with you! Not everything should be made 3D to please little kids and hardware marketers. H3HD new graphics just proved the point. Beside, HoMM was never a game for kids. My 11-year-old son hardly understands advanced tactical and economic concepts of Heroes3 and it's normal.

"It won't sell and be competitive with 3D games" they say. But if instead it could work on Androids, no problem - it will sell. Androids are a huge new market that can't be underestimated, and 2D games perfectly fit it.
Right you are. The thing is that they are mainly trying to sell the game by its looks. A proof of it is how things are being marketed in that council blog. Artwork of this, artwork of that, little information on how things WORK. It's exasperating, really. Mainly because I think mechanics won't get changed eve if all people in the world complain, and they are letting them to be explained in the end. So we just speculate about things we don't know how they work, while seeing fancy graphics and budget-draining stuff we don't really need.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 13 Feb 2015, 20:44

Some of the artworks found in the Ashan Map are quite good (albeit very small) and I'm surprised they haven't showed up in the screenshot section yet.

The art style of some of the locations are quite different than what we've been exposed to since H5 and I find that that unfortunate because it is a refreshing change in a series that to me is desperate for some innovations.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Feb 2015, 20:58

Marzhin said those pics are from the MM universe, not that they were done for H7, you can see H5 town screens in there, and other older non used artwork, also some of the compendium.

In fact, that map was of his making in his spare time. It's not something really official, so he grabbed pics and images he could only for the sake of better illustrate his map. ;)

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Heroes VII: February Screenshots

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 21 Feb 2015, 00:19

Kalah wrote:Yeah I actually had a look at BH's code and it was hideously complicated. Compared to the more efficient coding Limbic were able to put together during the fixing stage, it looked insane.
Limbic is German and BH is Hungarian.

Germany = Western Tech
Hungary = Eastern Tech

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Feb 2015, 00:37

Yes, from everything I've seen both with fixing H6, making MMX and planning H7, Limbic are living up to the stereotypical idea of teutonism; zey are Germans, and it iz impossibel to do a job badly. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “News”