Blog Q&A 2 released

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Blog Q&A 2 released

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Jan 2015, 19:01

While <a target="_blank" href="/https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... rs-p1">the first Q&A</a> was so uninteresting that we ignored it <a target="_blank" href="/viewtopic.php?p=353094&highlight=#353094">almost</a> completely, the second instalment is a bit more up-to-date:

<ul><li>Modifying hero and creature size might be possible.

<li>Funny creature animations are go, as are "cool cams".

<li>Weather effects yes, day/night no, but the latter can be messed around with in the map editor.

<li>Not as much "colour coding" of the factions in H7. Yaay. Less purple, green, purple ...

<li>Cinematics yes, gamepad support no.</ul>

<a href="/https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/ ... s-p2">Read the whole thing here</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1421521314
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 19 Jan 2015, 04:01

In the comments there was more town screen hate and I found this pic.

http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/Galaa ... d.gif.html

I think people are not aware that in-game town screen and town screen art that was presented will look different, so no need to over react yet.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 19 Jan 2015, 12:56

This pic shows more what I usually prefer over the published one, given that it shows more like a whole kingdom rather than a camp, plus the weather effects, which would be nice addition. It was always odd in older Heroes games seeing Rampart town look that way in underground level, for example, however, at that time, I didn't care much about these details. hohoho

:D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Blog Q&A 2 released

Unread postby Romanov77 » 20 Jan 2015, 17:44

Seriously, do they purposely pick the dumbest questions?

Gamepad, really?
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Blog Q&A 2 released

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Jan 2015, 18:11

Thus far, I am not impressed with the selection either. I saw many questions on the blog more interesting than these - some of the ones released so far has even been answered before, months ago. I take some comfort in the fact that there will be more answers coming soon.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Jan 2015, 20:23

Will they? I think many questions weren't picked up because they cannot or don't want to spoil any announcement planed in these updates - speaking of which, the so said update that never comes.

And I'm also unimpressed by these questions. ;| They actually asked for a Sylvan line up re-vote?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Jan 2015, 21:00

They will. Think of it like resource poll. Once filled up, they will be pushing out the 'answers' slowly, probably not only in pure Q&A form, later they will be returning to them in interviews and so on. And it was a nice survey, true?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 20 Jan 2015, 21:03

I dunno. Nothing they said was groundbreaking. But, as you said, some stuff will be presented in due course.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Blog Q&A 2 released

Unread postby Romanov77 » 22 Jan 2015, 11:31

Meanwhile I am enjoying the massive backlash on the new Necro lineup reveal.

They really dropped the ball with those skeletons.
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Blog Q&A 2 released

Unread postby Karmakeld » 24 Jan 2015, 16:26

I'm still a bit surprised their webpage lacks so many sections.

even though they have presented haven heroes, they're still not showing in the line-up..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “News”