Heroes III HD Available for Preorder

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 06 Jan 2015, 18:55

Ubisoft announced that the HD remake of Heroes of Might and Magic III is now available for preorder on <a href="/http://bit.ly/HOMM3steam">Steam</a> and the <a href="/http://bit.ly/HOMM3preorders">Uplay Store</a>.

<li>"A completely new HD experience: re-live the Heroes® III in HD, a true craftsmanship which offers players updated graphics, with wide screen compatibility.</li>

<li>Enjoy the critically acclaimed Heroes® III gameplay, with 7 exciting campaign scenarios, around 50 skirmish maps, a local multiplayer mode and a map editor.</li>

<li>A new online multiplayer mode: Now Steamworks compatible, Heroes® III offers an online multiplayer lobby, where you can share your experience with the Heroes® III community.</li>

The game is scheduled for a release on Steam, Android & iOS tablet on January 29th.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1420570549
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 06 Jan 2015, 22:59

Hmm. Obviously this isn't very interesting by itself, but if the sprites could be backported to the HoMM3 HD mod... That'd be interesting... And it could be of use for VMCI.

crislevin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby crislevin » 07 Jan 2015, 01:51

I don't understand why they can't offer a complete offline experience.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jan 2015, 07:07

You can download it and play with Steam offline, can't you?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 07 Jan 2015, 15:59

Are there any plans to release the two expansions for this as well?

While it's definitely not "break the bank" money, $15 seems a bit much for the vanilla game that was released 16 years ago.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 07 Jan 2015, 16:19

On Facebook someone claimed that the source code of the expansions was lost by 3DO so Ubisoft could only "reengineer" the basic game. I have no idea if this is true or false.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 07 Jan 2015, 16:32

But Ubi released this in the past, so they obviously have access to all of it.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/p ... .204003700

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 07 Jan 2015, 17:23

Can't they give us a new campaign or some new maps? I'll be happy to pay much more. $15 for exactly the same thing with higher resolution pictures simply isn't interesting to me since I've played the game many times already.

Remember, for adults like me, time is important also. $15 for playing the same thing is a waste of time but $30 for a new game is not. My time counts. And I'm sure many people who played in 1998 are now busy adults and can't afford the time either even if the money is no issue.
Edited on Wed, Jan 07 2015, 12:26 by cjlee

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 08 Jan 2015, 00:17

cjlee I agree with you completely. For me the H-III boat sailed a long time ago and updating the graphics changes nothing. Now fix the H-IV AI perhaps incorporate the Equilibris mod and release that even with the old graphics; now you have a game I would pay for.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 08 Jan 2015, 06:11

Jeff - that's my dream to. H4 with working adventure AI would be great and I'll gladly pay for it. Well, we can always talk with Gus Smedstad and pay him for make a patch with good AI :D

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 09 Jan 2015, 20:24

The hell with greedy companies... 15 EUR?!? I can buy the HOMM Complete edition that has the first 3 games with all expansions, for less than 10 EUR. Also, WHY do we Europeans get games more expensive than Americans? 15USD is much less than 15EUR.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 10 Jan 2015, 02:36

According to Google, 15USD is 12.66 Euro. And 15 Euro is 17.8 USD. I wouldn't say it's that much less.
Taro wrote:Well, we can always talk with Gus Smedstad and pay him for make a patch with good AI :D
I'd pay this guy just because his name is Gus Smedstad. :proud:

Talana
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Talana » 10 Jan 2015, 15:53

Well, I am a die-hard fan, and I`ll buy it . I hope that if many enough people wants this, maybe they wiill make the expansions, too - and maybe they will even remake 1 and 2, and the chronicles - I would love that !

When that`s said - I don`t really understand why they didn`t include the expansions - they must have known that people would buy that game like crazies , if they did.
I wear a necklace, cause I wanna know when I`m upside down :)

Return to “News”