Animated Town Screen

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 07 Aug 2009, 01:20

UPDATE:

As Requested I've updated it with the remaining Price of Loyalty tunes and relabled the gold ones that shared music with PoL to PoL/Gold.

Now the town themes should be finished as far as I know of any existing. I'm not bothering to put in my gold Necro and Knight town themes as they are just exact copies of Heroes 3 Necropolis and Castle themes. Hope you enjoyed the show!

Richard Hallas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Animated Town Screen Videos

Unread postby Richard Hallas » 07 Aug 2009, 16:50

Very nice! Many thanks.

As a final thing, given that you've done the title pages for Heroes 3 and 5, it'd be nice if you could also do them for Heroes 1, 2 and 4 (Heroes 4 has, I think, different themes for the expansion packs). I've always particularly liked the Heroes 1 and 2 title music. Also, Heroes 1 has a particularly nice win-game theme would would be nice to record for posterity... (pleasant guitar music with a group of all the creatures in the game standing around on the screen).

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Animated Town Screen Videos

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 07 Aug 2009, 19:48

Richard Hallas wrote:(Heroes 4 has, I think, different themes for the expansion packs)
Correct, and Heroes III WoG has a different title theme.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 07 Aug 2009, 20:12

I need to find a legitimate copy of Shadows of Death to be able to do WoG. Back in the day I knew a fair amount of people that only got H3 + AB but nothing further because SoD didn't add much to expand hotseat games, which is what happened to me. I doubt WoG will ever be made to work without SoD.

Also I'm not sure I'd do the Heroes 4 title screen (it's the only one in the whole series without any animation! So boring to look at.), but if I do I wouldn't be doing any of the expansions, since I don't pirate games =p

I never got the expansions back in the day because they really didn't add much to the original game. Heroes 3 and 5 had great expansions though for hotseat matches =D

P.S. I AM working on the title screens to Homm 1 and 2 =D

Since the PoL and Homm2 Title screens are almost 100% identical I'll use the same video for both, but I will use both the CD and Midi versions of the song since they are so different ^_^

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Aug 2009, 22:28

An issue of Heroes 3 and 4 Complete from Sold Out Software is available on Amazon.co.uk for £2.78. Those versions contain all expansions. Get that, and you'll have SoD.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 08 Aug 2009, 01:35

Kalah wrote:An issue of Heroes 3 and 4 Complete from Sold Out Software is available on Amazon.co.uk for £2.78. Those versions contain all expansions. Get that, and you'll have SoD.
Wow, that is a great find... shipping from England though. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for it to get here =D

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 08 Aug 2009, 11:10

Huh? Heroes III title screen had any animation?

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 08 Aug 2009, 21:00

GreatEmerald wrote:Huh? Heroes III title screen had any animation?
Flaming sword in Heroes 3, Flaming arrow in AB.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 08 Aug 2009, 21:03

Hmm, right about the sword... Never had standalone AB so can't say much about that, but H3Complete and SoD are static.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 08 Aug 2009, 21:35

GreatEmerald wrote:Hmm, right about the sword... Never had standalone AB so can't say much about that, but H3Complete and SoD are static.
Well then, looks like we're both in for a treat in a month judging by the poll I put up and also that's about when my shipment should arrive (I can't afford fast shipping in this economy)

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 08 Aug 2009, 22:54

Okay, I did the town screens for Heroes 1 and 2, with the Cd and Midi versions of Heroes 2, I may if I feel like it capture the midi version of the song in DOSBox to give it that old soundblaster feel... but I won't if I don't feel like it =p

They are not in the town theme playlist, but I am putting what I can as a response to one another =D

Zutus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zutus » 09 Aug 2009, 15:21

Heroes III 's barbariantown and Heroes IV's order town are my absolute favourites! :)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 13 Aug 2009, 15:57

Cool, very cool. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Evernight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Evernight » 20 Aug 2009, 19:33

This is fantastic. This makes me nostalgic for my youth. Thank you so much for doing this.

thunderlady
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thunderlady » 03 Oct 2009, 18:44

I just love Heroes themes, Paul Romero is my fav composer^^

In Heroes III the Fortress theme is the best, after that Tower theme

In Heroes IV I just love Chaos theme, it is simply epic ^^

Well, I don't like Heroes V themes, that's don't fit the towns :S

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Cleanpea » 08 Apr 2010, 12:34

Excuse me, would it be possible to add the start menu music as well? There is different music for the different H2versions, I know. And Same for H4 - New music and screens in the start menu. Good job!

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Re: Animated Town Screen

Unread postby Vitirr » 11 Sep 2016, 13:17

A pity this list is not available anymore :(

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Animated Town Screen

Unread postby Pol » 11 Sep 2016, 18:53

Vitirr wrote:A pity this list is not available anymore :(
Shyranis account was arbitrarily terminated by youtube. So you can search only for backups.

It's, well, bad.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “News”