UbiSoft Set To Reveal New Titles

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 09 May 2009, 19:24

"Death sentence for homm VI if nothing is announced...."

You can't be serious...
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 May 2009, 21:12

Seriously guys, seriously: I reckon UbiSoft are going to focus on the games that are forthcoming, and most notably their biggest titles. If there's no mention of HoMM 6 at this point, the reason is probably that they don't have anything to say. I can flat-out guarantee you that this would not mean that Ubi have decided not to continue the series. That's just not how business works.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 09 May 2009, 21:27

Well hey, we waited four years for Heroes V to show up, and that was when there was no hope of future games thanks to dead publishers. I think the community can do it again. Also, Heroes V broke sales expectations as I recall, so no reason to throw the franchise aside.

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 09 May 2009, 23:00

Exactly, sir dabbler. If the fans know that something *is* on the horizon, this can only be a good thing (for the Heroes series and for Ubisoft). Marketing-wise, the only problem could be seen in the revealing of too many details -- which can lead to speculation. Informing the fans, however, that the series will likely be continued, simply cannot backfire.

As this is pretty much common sense, we can assume that Ubisoft is aware of it as well. So, the reason for not informing the fans probably is that they have not yet decided whether and how to continue Heroes.

For once, though, I don't see this as a bad sign: Heroes V was not exactly an inspired attempt and definitely not the sequel I was hoping for. A reconsideration of design, development, and production concepts might do the series some good -- the most important issue being for me the possible re-hiring of original New World Computing personnel (no surprise here ;)).

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby astral76minor » 09 May 2009, 23:37

I would not say that this is hell for the future of TBS games. We have other games to play. I do not know who you'd thank, but there are still some "other" TBS games coming out of the woodwork and that means hope for Heroes 6. In the meantime, let us play some other games besides Heroes while we wait for the truth. Loyalty towards Heroes is understood, but not playing other games which are similar is like throwing a candle to the wind. We can wait, and the longer we wait, the game of Heroes 6 could be more than we expected.

The world is always running from time.
Edited on Sun, May 10 2009, 01:50 by astral76minor

Return to “News”