GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 31 Jul 2011, 11:38

Just tested the resolution mod in current version and it worked fine.
Rune_Caster, I'll fix the problem, but not soon, because I won't be working on patch. The bug must be a one I already encountered in MM8 and fixed.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Glublock
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Glublock » 31 Jul 2011, 13:02

You are absolutely right, I just tried again and it worked. I must have done it wrong the first time. I feel silly now. :)

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 31 Jul 2011, 18:42

Well considering I already cleared Agar's Laboratory It will be fixed soon enough...

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 08 Aug 2011, 00:05

Since I had brought it up, I figured I'd mention my findings regarding the huge reputation drop I'd noticed before...

I just recently managed to get my rep above 2200 using the "Expose the Traitor" quest, and decided to test it out... I went to rest right afterward and learned that reputation above 1500 always resets to 1500 when you rest, and after that it starts to degrade down to 0 by 10% rounded up every time you rest after that. So that explains that little bit of oddity...

I was just wondering... The Dispel Magic that Maddening Eyes and Greater Liches cast... Is it possible to force them to have line of site with the party before they can/will cast it? As in, even if they are activated through walls/floor/ceiling, could it be made so that they can't actually hit you with it unless they can see you? (would make navigating and clearing Castle Darkmoor a whole heck of a lot easier...)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 08 Aug 2011, 12:27

It's a hitscan spell, so it might be somewhat difficult... But I don't remember them using it when out of sight anyway. It would be the equivalent of shooting arrows at a wall, something they don't usually do. I think.

MaxKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MaxKnight » 08 Aug 2011, 20:56

GreatEmerald wrote:But I don't remember them using it when out of sight anyway. It would be the equivalent of shooting arrows at a wall, something they don't usually do. I think.
You see, saying things like this make me think that you've never played the game before. >_>

Just try Castle Darkmoor; if you activate a swarm of either type of enemies, you can't go anywhere without one of them Dispelling all of your buffs and protection spells. I know that there isn't a Maddening Eye or Greater Lich within sight distance to me, yet still they cast Dispel Magic. It makes buffing before entering the place kind of pointless, as if you start clearing it at all, you might have a long walk ahead of you, and then it's all wasted SP after they Dispel it before you even make it to a destination.

I understand that it's probably very difficult or next to impossible, but I figured I'd mention it and hope for the best.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 09 Aug 2011, 08:40

Well, I never got to Castle Darkmoor, so... :P But the liches at Ethric's place didn't seem to be doing that.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 09 Aug 2011, 14:09

The most strange part of this is that undead creature can cast Light Magic.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 09 Aug 2011, 14:44

tolich wrote:The most strange part of this is that undead creature can cast Light Magic.
it's not grayface's fault, it wasin original mm6 so it is not strange...
...strange that you've posted about it :D
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 09 Aug 2011, 19:00

vladimir-maestro wrote:
tolich wrote:The most strange part of this is that undead creature can cast Light Magic.
it's not grayface's fault, it wasin original mm6 so it is not strange...
Indeed, it's from vanilla game, but it's still strange. Shouldn't they cast Poison Cloud, Shrinking Ray, Dragon Breath, or even Dark Containment from Dark Magic? Though, Terrax learned (or even invented) both Light and Dark magic...

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 09 Aug 2011, 19:29

Maybe the liches are actually light magicians, they just chose lichdom in order to extend their lives :D

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 09 Aug 2011, 21:06

I always reckoned the idea about Castle Darkmoor is that you're not supposed to use buffs at all. Plus the monsters are eyes - maybe they're supposed to be able to see through walls. Well anyway, it adds a nice challenge.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 10 Aug 2011, 05:54

Macros the Black wrote:Plus the monsters are eyes - maybe they're supposed to be able to see through walls.
Then why they don't in Agar's Lab?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Aug 2011, 06:51

tolich wrote:
Macros the Black wrote:Plus the monsters are eyes - maybe they're supposed to be able to see through walls.
Then why they don't in Agar's Lab?
it is a "special move" of MM game. maybe it is a mistake of developers...

remember MM7, The Maze: if you didn't see mob on map, red spot, they do nothing...but if minotaurus is visible AI script start to work so we can see red spot moving beyong the wall but in fact we didn't face these creatures!
---
in maestro mod minotauruses could summon guard - so this "special move" cause made us to face an army cause AI was triggered and mob starts to summon guards 5% in 1 turn =)

maybe the walls in that places are differ or some other kind of mistakes done but in one place we could encounter a mobs behing the closed door and AI won't trigger...in other way we could be in a mile from the mob but it will be triggered on =\

in agar lab we didn't see eyes beneath the floor so they didn't triggered and didn't use their skills.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 06 Mar 2012, 15:57

Is there an Artifact/Relic Limit in Might and Magic 6?

Lately I haven't been able to get any Artifact/Relic from Red/Blue/Gold Dragons, Supreme Titans etc and I have been wondering if it might be because I just have too many Artifacts and Relics...

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 06 Mar 2012, 16:28

AFAIR, yes, there is.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 06 Mar 2012, 23:51

Rune_Caster wrote:Is there an Artifact/Relic Limit in Might and Magic 6?

Lately I haven't been able to get any Artifact/Relic from Red/Blue/Gold Dragons, Supreme Titans etc and I have been wondering if it might be because I just have too many Artifacts and Relics...
Yes; I believe it is 15 random artifacts. So if you do not get any "placed" artifacts (such as Excalibur and obelisk treasure) then you can get 15 artifacts randomly (from dragons and such) however if you get some of the "placed" artifacts before you reach the limit I believe that does affect your 15 random artifact count, however I can be wrong.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 08 Mar 2012, 03:54

the beavers1 wrote:
Rune_Caster wrote:Is there an Artifact/Relic Limit in Might and Magic 6?

Yes; I believe it is 15 random artifacts. So if you do not get any "placed" artifacts (such as Excalibur and obelisk treasure) then you can get 15 artifacts randomly (from dragons and such) however if you get some of the "placed" artifacts before you reach the limit I believe that does affect your 15 random artifact count, however I can be wrong.
Is there a way to get around the limit?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 08 Mar 2012, 12:41

Rune_Caster wrote:Is there a way to get around the limit?
Perhaps try throwing your artifacts and relics into the New Sorpigal fountain?

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 08 Mar 2012, 14:17

GreatEmerald wrote:
Rune_Caster wrote:Is there a way to get around the limit?
Perhaps try throwing your artifacts and relics into the New Sorpigal fountain?
I tried selling a few Artifacts... but I still couldn't get any new Artifacts to spawn...

I looked at the save data it seems the game adds 2 bytes of information (look at the end of the save data notice how there are more zeros on the end of the save file then earlier save files) I checked two saves one which I spawned one artifact through a drop (old save game) and one that I did not spawn an artifact, that save had one less 00 or 2 Byte Hex numbers on it.

Return to “Might and Magic”