MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 01 Aug 2012, 01:00

I don't remember this one, but I never ran into anything close to immortal in the game, even the 5k hp dragon was simple once you cleared his guards.

Is that the invisible one? I remember there was one of those, and the answer is:

a) find where the attacks are coming from
b) approach that spot
c) spam Shrapmetal until it dies

Narsil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Narsil » 01 Aug 2012, 09:39

Salamandre wrote: Paralyze also works on him but eats much mana, so up to you.
Nope, it doesn't. ( or isn't? whatever) I mean, I can paralyze Jester's spawn, but still I cannot harm it. However, Toxic Cloud and Light Bolt works.
Is that the invisible one?
Naaah, it's fully visible and looks like green dragon. There are ~3 jester spawns in Vault, a fuckload of hydras and nothing more.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 01 Aug 2012, 12:20

You have to boost your identify monster skill. Right click on creature to get list of immunities and resistances. Very useful when you see something can't be harmed. This mod boosted all resistances so offensive magic sucks and such creatures are long and repetitive to defeat.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 02 Aug 2012, 01:34

Narsil wrote:
Salamandre wrote: Paralyze also works on him but eats much mana, so up to you.
Nope, it doesn't. ( or isn't? whatever) I mean, I can paralyze Jester's spawn, but still I cannot harm it. However, Toxic Cloud and Light Bolt works.
If toxic cloud works, Shrapmetal should work as they both deal dark type damage. Dragon breath should also work. So long as you have a decent amount of mana walk up and blow them up. It may just be immune to physical, as mentioned get ID monster up to make sure if you want.
Is that the invisible one?
Naaah, it's fully visible and looks like green dragon. There are ~3 jester spawns in Vault, a **** of hydras and nothing more.
Ah, yeah those, they are annoying. If I remember right the main annoyance is they are immune to blasters (blasters destroy everything else easily). Dump a ton of magic damage (fast with dark or a lot of slower with sparks damage) and they die.

Narsil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Narsil » 02 Aug 2012, 13:49

Next question: where is dragon queen from Maestro quest? I've found and killed dragon king, but I cannot find queen.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 02 Aug 2012, 20:16

Arret, I found shrapmetal to be less effective with that dragon. With all resistances up, it makes barely more damage than light bolt but eats x6 more mana. And if we use town portal the dragon gets all health back.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 08 Aug 2012, 11:42

Is it right that I could only choose 1 character class for my characters? As in Archer or nothing? Only my priest got Druid but also the only option for her. The rest (Knight, Rogue, Mage) all could only become archers.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 08 Aug 2012, 14:58

big Daddy explained how it works. When one specialty is offered, press escape and open dialog again, you will get three choices.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 08 Aug 2012, 18:04

My bad, misunderstood. Either way, had to reverse the changes anyway, couldn't have my knight drop to 1/2 of her HP or mage lose her mana :P Shame there was no way to keep the HP/MP and change the class. But the priest works very well as a druid :)

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 11 Aug 2012, 10:17

And now I'm stuck xD I've cleared the Vault and the Treasury and there's no cube or Jester in sight. There was a spawn of Jester that I got down but that was it. Am I missing something like the torch in Harmondale or something?

EDIT: nevermind. I went there on invisibility and did the location from behind to check sup because I had 2 bodies stuck in the wall and a suspicion one of them had something in. Needless to say, I did discover there was a key involved and yes, out of all the monsters in the Vault the one who got stuck in the wall, alongside some unfortunate hydra, was surely the dragon with key. Eh, Murphy...

Shamaan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shamaan » 31 Jan 2013, 17:28

I can't find Treasury and Vault in Deja. Where they are?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 01 Feb 2013, 00:20

It is in southwestern Deja just west of the south city in the tower that William Setag (Villian promotion) is at in the base game.

boban89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

hmm

Unread postby boban89 » 22 Feb 2013, 09:20

Well guys , ive trie out new setup of the party :) Got knight,cleric,archer and paladin. I have all promoted , only paladin promotion is my problem . Cant find it . Can some1 tell me where to find the guy that give me the promotion quest ? Thanks for reply

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 25 Feb 2013, 20:46

The quest itself? As I recall it was easy enough to find. I want to say it was an angel inside Castle Harmondale. The NPC to finish the quest though is a major pain, but is a random angel in north/northwest Deja overlooking the water. Use wizard eye to find it easier.

Arthanis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arthanis » 06 May 2013, 15:50

I'm having some difficulties with the courier guild quest - the last part of it.
I get the quest description from the courier master in Erathia, and can find the npc in Deyja that is supposed to tell me more, but there are no dialog options with her.

Any ideas? :)

Edit: fixed itself after a restart of the game - now, if only I could find that last Selinas scroll...

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 May 2013, 02:06

The scrolls are near 0,0 in several zones. The hardest one to find is probably the one right outside Stone City. If you have that one, then there is one on the mountain in Tatalia overlooking the coast.

neil003
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby neil003 » 14 May 2013, 15:43

Hi guys.
Im a long time visitor to this forum but never actually posted.
Is this mod still live I cant find a working download anywhere I would really like to play it.

Thanks

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 May 2013, 23:08

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 15 May 2013, 13:31

Guys, I did the thing for Catherine nd killed the Manticores, and I found some sort of mermaid thing floating in Castle harmondale and when I interacted it dissapeared with *Update quest* Sound, What do I do now?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 18 May 2013, 20:58

If you have opened Celeste, your next quests are probably there. If you rescued the dwarves and have no guidance on what happens next, you need to wait on the war clock for the arbiter to die just like the base game.

Return to “Might and Magic”