MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
topdog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Still missing something

Unread postby topdog » 09 May 2012, 13:14

I killed Jester's Folly, grabbed the cube, and left.
I was still killed off upon leaving.
How do you get these bozos to follow you?

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Still missing something

Unread postby the beavers1 » 09 May 2012, 14:23

topdog wrote:I killed Jester's Folly, grabbed the cube, and left.
I was still killed off upon leaving.
How do you get these bozos to follow you?
If your talking about the test for companionship quest..... then after killing the dragon you need to go to each one of the "companions" and pick them up by clicking or pressing space on them (similar to mm7 stone dwarf quest in mine full of oozes) then leave with all of them still alive

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 10 May 2012, 06:33

So, I started this mod the second time around. I went to Land of the Giants REALLY early in the game - even before I did my promotion quests.

Now, there's a problem - Great Druid promotion quest (NPC tells me to touch the three altars in Tatalia, Avlee, and Evenmorn)

Only problem though, Evenmorn altar takes me to Land of the Giants - so I can't complete Great Druid quest. The Tatalia/Avlee altars worked. Any way around this problem?

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 10 May 2012, 21:41

No Druids - no problem. Read note ffom promouter - and do all he want. I don't remember how to promoute druids even in original game. It's be beauty if you decide yourself this task... (hint - after first clerics promoution quest, you' can SWIM by chip to Evernmorn by Bracada or...)
My group was: Thi-Cle-Mag-Mag, after Coding Wizard quest my party will' - Arc-Pal-Arc-Arc(?) (or similar). I don't like Druids

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Anubis » 13 May 2012, 11:17

Well, your reply didn't really answer my question at all. And I went to Evenmorn from Land of the Giants. I didn't do the Priest promotion quest until after.

My question was whether the third altar I had to touch for the Great Druid promo quest was the one in Evenmorn. If so, I wasn't able to complete that quest. I only did the Honorary Promo quests for the exp.

Either way, doesn't matter now. I finished the game.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 May 2012, 20:55

Yes is the same shrine. This is one of the unchanged quests from the base MM7 game. This is just a bug (understandable because unless trying to do something like this, going to Eeofol that early isn't something that would likely have been picked up in testing).

Lord Nanron
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lord Nanron » 13 Jul 2012, 19:53

Does anyone know what the two "Precious" rings do?
(from the blue dragon key)

I would really like to know.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Jul 2012, 01:04

It's been a while, but as I recall they have no stats and do nothing except sell for a lot of money (hence the name precious).

Lord Nanron
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lord Nanron » 17 Jul 2012, 04:03

Thanks.

I was hoping they would allow the "good" characters to use the "evil" artifacts and relics.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Jul 2012, 09:58

Probably of topic question, but wasn't worth a new thread:

Is there a way to learn/get all skills to GM for every class? I tried Grayface LUA scripts in debug console but game doesn't start after.

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 17 Jul 2012, 16:43

What about save editor? mm7che.exe

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 17 Jul 2012, 17:05

With all respect due to work, must however say that the test of friendship is weird quest. This stupid mechanics do not allow me to shot what I tell to and I always end by hitting one of companions even if cross says "dragon". Winning at it is pure luck, requires endless reloads and it is a very bad point for such good mod...until there. Got it after 10 loads, probably it is my lucky day. Had to look constantly for green points which were getting closer and move away if any.

Another weird thing: the invisible gear. I was so happy to get this armor suit and sold what I had before, just to find out that you can't see when they are damaged, other than switching with regular gear. Useless.

Narsil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Narsil » 31 Jul 2012, 10:30

Hey!

I've got a problem. Maximus wants me to get blessings from all gramdmaster of elemental magic. I suppose that it's connected with quest from these grandmasters (Blayze, Avalanche, Gayle, Torrent, right?), but I don't know where I can get quest connected with Air magic! Neither Gayle nor Greenstorm (master of Air Magic) doesn't want to give me one.

As usual, sorry for my bad English.

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 31 Jul 2012, 10:46

Narsil wrote:Hey!

I've got a problem. Maximus wants me to get blessings from all gramdmaster of elemental magic. I suppose that it's connected with quest from these grandmasters (Blayze, Avalanche, Gayle, Torrent, right?), but I don't know where I can get quest connected with Air magic! Neither Gayle nor Greenstorm (master of Air Magic) doesn't want to give me one.

As usual, sorry for my bad English.
I think You must train to Grand Level in Air and Earth(?) to get their blessings

Narsil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Narsil » 31 Jul 2012, 11:02

It helped! Thank you!

I have another problem - I cannot Townportal myself to Steadwick, Pierpoint and Harmondale. Just Pit, Celeste and Nighon. Bug or feature?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 31 Jul 2012, 11:52

You must go to Bracada-school of sorcery, get the unmaking book quest from the mage boss there, then do this quest without leaving bracada, either is lost. Then town portal will work.

The quest is buggy, as angels will block the stairs, so use well jump spell, it may require tens of tries to get past them, annoying but doable. Did not try to kill them though.

Narsil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Narsil » 31 Jul 2012, 14:07

Salamandre wrote:You must go to Bracada-school of sorcery, get the unmaking book quest from the mage boss there, then do this quest without leaving bracada, either is lost. Then town portal will work.
I've already done this quest. Town Portal stopped working again for some reason... at least partially. As I said, I can teleport to Celeste, Pit and Nighon, but not to Steadwick, Pierpoint or Harmondale.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 31 Jul 2012, 16:53

I had same issue, could teleport to only those 3, did the unmaking quest and all destinations were available after. I dunno why not working for you then.

Narsil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Narsil » 31 Jul 2012, 22:39

Now it's working... strange.

Another question: I've cleard the Treasury, entered Vault, met some dragon called "Jester's Spawn" and well... he's immortal. I cannot even hit him! What should I do?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 31 Jul 2012, 23:59

Light bolt (5 mana). Take a few mana potions, with two light gran masters it should die in about 20 minutes. Paralyze also works on him but eats much mana, so up to you.

Boring but the only way.

Return to “Might and Magic”