MM7: immolation does not work?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
kucing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7: immolation does not work?

Unread postby kucing » 15 Sep 2007, 15:09

I tried casting immolation when being surrounded by undeads in turn based mode. After a few turns, none of the enemies get injured and the party does not move at all. According to the spell description, it should damage those monsters around me, but it does not!

So is it broken? I am using MOK's patch.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Sep 2007, 15:54

You have to be very close to enemy and they recive damage from this spell.
To check if the spell really work, cast it in city and go near peasant or guard - if spell work, you will "hit" them.

kucing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kucing » 15 Sep 2007, 17:43

Yep thanks for that. Apparently the party has to be super close for it to work. The tick is also quite long. Another spell that can potentially be fun/useful becomes poor.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Sep 2007, 17:52

It is very tricky spell - especially in Celeste or Stone City - get to close to peasant and you have to fight with all city.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Sep 2007, 19:16

Avonu wrote:It is very tricky spell - especially in Celeste or Stone City - get to close to peasant and you have to fight with all city.
Yes, be very careful with the Immolation Spell. If your party has it active when you are near friendly creatures, they will turn hostile.

I had Immolation cast on my party & then went to Celeste (I was playing Light Path). An Angel Lord, flying too close, set off the spell and everyone in Celeste turned hostile. I had to reload my game and go sleep off the spell. ;|
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

kucing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kucing » 16 Sep 2007, 22:53

Doesn't sound good at all. At battle, the range is too short to hurt anyone and when in towns it can hurt villagers. Sounds like a very bad spell.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 17 Sep 2007, 01:29

kucing wrote:Doesn't sound good at all. At battle, the range is too short to hurt anyone and when in towns it can hurt villagers. Sounds like a very bad spell.
Never cast it, especially if you have a high skill level in Fire Magic.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Might and Magic”