Might and Magic: Showdown

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Might and Magic: Showdown

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Jan 2017, 10:15

Set in the rich RPG fantasy universe of Might & Magic with its diverse bestiary, Might & Magic: Showdown is a tactical PvP combat experience where you command a team of customizable miniature heroes and creatures to overcome your opponent by mixing strategic planning and real-time action in quick, bite-sized sessions. Build your team and bring the miniatures to life through a combination of visual personalization and programmable actions that will define your playstyle and ultimately bring them to the battleground for the Showdown!

Official site

Today's twitch at 1PM EST (18:00 GMT)

No comments :ill:
Last edited by Avonu on 19 Jan 2017, 12:11, edited 5 times in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Might and Magic: Showdown

Unread postby Pol » 19 Jan 2017, 13:59

Ah, yes. Here is the announcement.

Any relation to Flying Wild Hog?

Steam says this.
Last edited by Pol on 19 Jan 2017, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Energy Q
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Energy Q » 19 Jan 2017, 17:56

It would be okay if it was an online game like Duel of Champions or Heroes Online.

As if they never learned the lesson from Heroes VII about such high prices.

BB Shockwave
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BB Shockwave » 30 Jan 2017, 00:07

At this point does this thing even have anything to do with Might and Magic? I see hero designs that look more like they are from Diablo III.
Will this come with actual unpainted miniatures, btw? That's the only thing that might interest me out of this.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 30 Jan 2017, 06:34

They are from HVI-VII. Of course, in the game they are unpainted - the painting is up to you. Look out the workshop link from our news, from the main page.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 12 Jul 2017, 09:07

On 31th July MM: Shutdown will be.. shut down.

Is anyone surprised by this move?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jul 2017, 13:13

For me that's quite a shock. I was expecting some update and release, no premature death. Ubi si achieving a new highs here - they are missing M&M experts, or they don't just listen to them. That level of ignorance is omnious.

It just reminding me that Ubi never confirmed that Might&Magic Team was disbanded. Instead they said that they will contact us - never happened.

But they have one more game (mobile) which can die, so..

I'm also curious how they are doing with (another) mobile game on Chinese market - there it should work, even under Ubi baton. But that virtually means, that they lost all markets with exception of China, that's quite an achievement here.
"We made it!"

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 12 Jul 2017, 13:51

Pol wrote:For me that's quite a shock. I was expecting some update and release, no premature death.
Then you didn't pay attention, how many people were playing this... product. Not that anyone would do that without good reasons but anyway you could see that this game was dead months ago.
Pol wrote:But they have one more game (mobile) which can die, so...
Three actually: Elemental Guardian (CQ clone), Era of Chaos and Dynasties.
Pol wrote:I'm also curious how they are doing with (another) mobile game on Chinese market - there it should work, even under Ubi baton. But that virtually means, that they lost all markets with exception of China, that's quite an achievement here.
We should have new info about China market and Ubisoft's games there soon.
Last edited by Avonu on 12 Jul 2017, 14:00, edited 4 times in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 13 Jul 2017, 23:06

BB Shockwave wrote:At this point does this thing even have anything to do with Might and Magic? I see hero designs that look more like they are from Diablo III.
Overall, the art direction ever since Ubisoft took the reins has been a blatant ripoff of the AAA franchises, such as Warcraft, Diablo and Elder Scrolls.

Oh, and this thing seems to have been intended as something in the vein of Hearthstone or something. I don't predict great success though :P

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 23 Sep 2017, 11:03

Pol wrote:For me that's quite a shock. I was expecting some update and release, no premature death. Ubi si achieving a new highs here - they are missing M&M experts, or they don't just listen to them. That level of ignorance is omnious.
Well Ubisoft didnt get enough cash for it, so off they go.
It just reminding me that Ubi never confirmed that Might&Magic Team was disbanded. Instead they said that they will contact us - never happened.
They are dead, AFAIK, i remember getting some sort of "goodbye" mail.

Clearly, Ubisoft just wants to milk the Heroes Cow until it dies a natural death, hopefully they dont hold on to the Might and Magic name too hard so someone far more worth it can get it. (Van Caneghem perhaps?)
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Return to “Might and Magic”