Inquiry to people who own[ed]/play[ed] M&M 1-5 [GOG.com]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Inquiry to people who own[ed]/play[ed] M&M 1-5 [GOG.com]

Unread postby Anubis » 18 Dec 2016, 03:55

I'm seriously considering purchasing Might & Magic 1-5 from GOG.com. I've a few questions though, as some other GOG.com games that I own have game-breaking bugs.

1) Any game-breaking bugs?! :D
2) I've heard that there's...two parts to M&M 5? Does this entire game have all the content?
3) Will these games run flawlessly on Windows 10? i.e. graphics/audio - I tried downloading these games many, many, many years ago [Not from GOG] and running them through DOSBox had graphics/sound problems for me.
4) Any game patches of any kind? - Because I vaguely recall reading somewhere in this forum that someone had shared code to fix a puzzle of some kind in one of the M&M 1-5 games.

If GOG.com is a no-go, is there still any way for me to play these games?

[Edit] Oh, yeah, regarding the M&M games, I think #5 had three worlds? World of Xeen, Darkside of Xeen, Clouds of Xeen? What order should I play them in?
Last edited by Anubis on 18 Dec 2016, 03:58, edited 2 times in total.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Inquiry to people who own[ed]/play[ed] M&M 1-5 [GOG.com]

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Dec 2016, 09:04

Anubis wrote:1) Any game-breaking bugs?! :D
If there are, they are the same as in original games.
Anubis wrote:2) I've heard that there's...two parts to M&M 5? Does this entire game have all the content?
Yes, you have all content from games, including voice cover for MM4-5.
MM4-5 a.k.a. World of Xeen is one game and it's sold by GOG as that.

Anubis wrote:3) Will these games run flawlessly on Windows 10? i.e. graphics/audio - I tried downloading these games many, many, many years ago [Not from GOG] and running them through DOSBox had graphics/sound problems for me.
Game is running via DOSbox, but it's coded in launcher, so it will autorun when you click game icon. It should run on Windows 10 without problems, as GOG team update their games to run on newer systems (however I didn't test it yet, so I am not 100% sure).
Anubis wrote:4) Any game patches of any kind? - Because I vaguely recall reading somewhere in this forum that someone had shared code to fix a puzzle of some kind in one of the M&M 1-5 games.
Probably no, but if there are any patches, they are included already in game. However IIRC MM9 has fan made TELP 1.3 patch included, so maybe...

Anubis wrote:[Edit] Oh, yeah, regarding the M&M games, I think #5 had three worlds? World of Xeen, Darkside of Xeen, Clouds of Xeen? What order should I play them in?
World of Xeen is a MM4 (Clouds of Xeen) and MM5 (Darkside of Xeen) put together as one game - World of Xeen. So just launch WoX and you start playing game on Clouds side (as MM4) but you can continue your quest to Darkside (MM5) and you will get epilogue after finishing MM5. Also GOG has Sword of Xeen in package - a fan made add-on to MM5, which has seperate launcher.

5. You can't buy MM1-5 from GOG. You "must" buy MM1-6 package - which is a good deal.
Last edited by Avonu on 18 Dec 2016, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Inquiry to people who own[ed]/play[ed] M&M 1-5 [GOG.com]

Unread postby Anubis » 29 Dec 2016, 05:17

Thanks. I just purchased the series.

Return to “Might and Magic”