Enchanting low quality equipment in MM7-8

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Enchanting low quality equipment in MM7-8

Unread postby Xfing » 04 Sep 2016, 20:52

Do lower quality items become enchantable once you increase your skill in Water Magic, or is it a permanent problem? It would be fun to enchant low quality items, especially since you do see such items every once in a while in treasure hoards (Leather Armor of the Gods, anyone?). They have to come from somewhere, and the player chars being unable to create them themselves kinda breaks the suspension of disbelief, doesn't it?
Last edited by Xfing on 04 Sep 2016, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Re: Enchanting low quality equipment in MM7-8

Unread postby Tress » 05 Sep 2016, 07:07

No , you cant. Item must be of high enough quality to be eligible. Probably done so you couldnt get lot of money by enchanting low level stuff and selling them.Well as for suspension of disbelief, there can always be means that are not eligible to players.
When I first time played mm6 first time, i was extremely frustrated that I couldnt enchant my 2H sword i got from stone in castle ironfist location. Since it seemed cool design sword and was best item i had at that point, i was like "what sort of item is considered high quality if this is not"

Return to “Might and Magic”