We're working on something new. Help us by taking a quick survey.

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Neecko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

We're working on something new. Help us by taking a quick survey.

Unread postby Neecko » 21 Aug 2016, 05:37

Hello everyone,
Long time Might and Magic fan here and long time celestial heavens lurker. Like a lot of people I was extremely excited about the MMX announcement a few years ago and then kind of disappointed in how Ubisoft handled it (and the franchise). I've always been a huge fan of the originals and have beat them all many times. (7 and 8 being my favorite)

So unlike many of the great developers, artists and modders here who have been re-creating the old masterpieces and adding new things (Nothing against any of you wonderful people and your amazing work!) I wanted to make something new, but familiar and something that Ubisoft won't send us a cease and desist letter over.

So.... for the last few months my small team and I have been working on just that. We have a lot of the core stuff down, but we are not quite ready to give out a lot of details yet! (Soon though, I promise).

Before deciding on a real solid direction we wanted to hear from the dedicated fans here at Celestial Heavens. So please take a few minutes and take our survey! This will help shape the future of the project. We will have more surveys in the future just to get a real feel for what Might and Magic fans wants and love!

https://goo.gl/forms/ewdPw2W3fWhQV3vA2 I will keep the survey open for 30 days!

Cheers!

Anubis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: We're working on something new. Help us by taking a quick survey.

Unread postby Anubis » 21 Aug 2016, 10:34

'Just responded. I wish you and your team well on your success with this project.

Neecko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Neecko » 21 Aug 2016, 17:25

Thank you for the kind words. Gotten a few good responses back! Thank you everyone. I will say our first alpha test is going to be about "Movement". What we want to really do is focus on a hybrid sort of approach. Old School, but with modern things added to them. For example we added the mouse look option, but a way to toggle between the locked camera view in case someone preferred that. So if you would like to sign up for the alpha make sure to put your email in the survey or PM your email. What ever you are comfortable with.

I'm looking forward to seeing more survey responses! :)

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 22 Aug 2016, 11:49

Filled in and sent, the long and rambly one is mine.
Good luck, guys :)

Jaspergentry
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jaspergentry » 22 Aug 2016, 14:56

Ive sent mine, i hope its a success...
Na, That's not me...

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 23 Aug 2016, 05:54

I've sent mine. I gave a lot of feedback on what I feel the Might and Magic games did best; sense of progression. I hope you have a good read! ;)
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Neecko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Neecko » 23 Aug 2016, 16:01

Great replies from everyone! Thank you so much. Little update: we are setting up a testers website so we can begin sending out testing codes. Going to make the first test a little bigger than just movement. So we'll announce more on that soon! We are also setting up one more survey with some gameplay related questions so stay tuned for that. I will start a new thread when things start getting ramped up more, but until then the more survey answers the better.

Thanks again for all the wonderful feedback!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 23 Aug 2016, 17:35

Neecko, you could also try sending this survey available at other forums, such as Heroes Community, if you didn't already.

I have answered your survey.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Sep 2016, 06:52

Responded to the survey :)

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 03 Sep 2016, 11:29

Responded. Good luck with the project! :)

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 04 Sep 2016, 12:23

Responded too to the survey :)
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 01 Oct 2016, 13:47

Well, sent in the survey, but until you deliver i will see this project as "Might and Magic fanproject that probably will die in a year number 16362626"
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 01 Oct 2016, 13:56

Talin_Trollbane wrote:Well, sent in the survey, but until you deliver i will see this project as "Might and Magic fanproject that probably will die in a year number 16362626"
Your count is off. It should only be 16362625. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 01 Oct 2016, 13:58

:D
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Neecko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Neecko » 01 Oct 2016, 16:07

Talin_Trollbane wrote:Well, sent in the survey, but until you deliver i will see this project as "Might and Magic fanproject that probably will die in a year number 16362626"
I know how you feel. I've played a lot of the technical previews like wox2, but they have stopped progress and let me down too. Creating an RPG is a huge project by itself and I don't think a lot of people realize all the little systems that have to talk to each other and they get overwhelmed. We are also trying to add some features that will improve gameplay, but at the same time not get too far away from the original gameplay. Lots of little details to go over...

With that said... We are finishing up the some of the last core features right now and when thats finished we want to put a development blog on our site. Start sending out testing invites and more.

Until then I will try to keep you updated in this thread and thank you all for the survey answers!

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 03 Oct 2016, 15:42

:tsup:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Bowerbank
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bowerbank » 10 Nov 2016, 20:18

There is a great deal of work to be done, but the excitement and hope it brings to see people still working on the MM series is amazing. Thank you for your efforts

Return to “Might and Magic”