MM7 Rev4Mod - Texts jumbled

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Lipe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM7 Rev4Mod - Texts jumbled

Unread postby Lipe » 06 Jul 2016, 19:08

Firstly, I apologize if there is already an answer somewhere to this problem, but I found nothing from searching.

The problem I am having is that texts from the new quests are not appearing, instead I get a seemingly random text from some other character.
For example when I talk to the stablemaster in Harmondale, he welcomes me to emerald island (although I receive the quest to retrieve the sword in my journal). Another example is during the welcome message to the mod (where the tour guide appears in vanilla) where the text is from the sniper promotion guy. This doesnt actually affect items acquired or quests but I just have absolutely no idea whats going on since I cant read any of the new quests!

Im playing the GOG version of the game, v 1.1, with greyfaces 2.0 patch.

Also the installation instruction says to delete the new.lod file, but it reappears everytime I start the game.

Thanks for the help!!

Echo
Demon
Demon

Re: MM7 Rev4Mod - Texts jumbled

Unread postby Echo » 07 Jul 2016, 16:46

Happened to me. It was a difference between running the mod with 3D acceleration and without for whatever reason. Zedd was talking to me randomly on EI, the intro texts were completely out of sync too.

Also, be careful doing any savegame edits. Sometimes it will allow to do 1-2 things, but usually it will kill NPC dialogues (the NPCs that walk about will have empty 'topic' sidebar).

Return to “Might and Magic”