Monster generators don't work in WoX

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Monster generators don't work in WoX

Unread postby Xfing » 18 Jun 2016, 18:06

After beating 3 and loving the hell out of it, I started playing WoX. Almost done with Cloudside as of right now, having also cleared out Castleview in the meantime, but I've noticed that my copy of the game has some problems. I play using DosBox of course. The bugs are:

- Can't tip bartenders, the game freezes and needs to be exited at that point. Happens in every tavern I've been to so far (Vertigo, Rivercity, Castleview)
- Monster nests don't seem to work at all. I'm starting Clouds of Xeen (the area) right now, and I've yet to come across a single nest that actually generates monsters. Nothing works, not resting, not training and coming back to the area. I was hoping to leave the nests be this time and enjoy rebattling monsters, but it doesn't work :(

Anyone have these problems too? Is there a patch or some other solution?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Re: Monster generators don't work in WoX

Unread postby Arret » 19 Jun 2016, 19:03

I have 3 different versions of the game (floppy/CD/GoG) and this isn't a problem in any of them.

Nests don't actually generate monsters in WoX like they did in IoT for when you leave/return a zone. I don't know why. Your only real choice on Cloudside is the Warzone and even fewer chances on Darkside (Sandro in Necropolis and Darkstone Tower being the only ones off the top of my head).

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 20 Jun 2016, 12:44

So you mean there is no inherent respawn in WoX, at all?

Though it's not so much of a problem I guess, since there's the Warzone. Yeah :D

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 21 Jun 2016, 03:13

There are a few places that are dependent on destroying creature generators to stop the respawns (Asp, Castle Xeen), and Nightshadow spawns Bat Queens forever, but it's very limited unlike IoT.

I think the gemstone mines (Darkside) should have caused a respawn when you pay the 250000 to recharge them, but they don't. It just recharges the veins similar to the Arachnid Cavern in IoT.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 03 Aug 2016, 09:02

It's still very much possible to get all the guys to level 255, so I guess I shouldn't worry.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 04 Aug 2016, 02:35

Remember that you can only train to 200, but can still hit 255 with all characters if you have saved most of the +permanent level items/quests.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 07 Aug 2016, 10:00

Yeah, I remember reading some min-maxer's guide that said you only need to train 3 of your guys to 196, two to 194 and one to 192 and still have enough permanent boosts available to get them all to 255. Don't quote me on it though.

Right now I wanna get that +50 to all stats below 50 from Corak's pod, but I still have to get there.

Return to “Might and Magic”