Moving sprites between mm6-7-8, palette [probably] issue + hostility question

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Echo
Demon
Demon

Moving sprites between mm6-7-8, palette [probably] issue + hostility question

Unread postby Echo » 16 Jun 2016, 14:26

Hey. So again I wanted to tinker with something in MM. I wanted to port MM7 necromancer lady into mm8 to replace the male necromancer. I failed.

- the sprite appeared, but the colors were all messed up
- i did import the proper palette from mm7 into the bitmaps.lod as well
- the new sprite supposedly uses the proper palette [according to MMArchive], but in-game it appears wrong

Any clues?

EDIT: and also, one thing that I can't figure out - how to make 'friendly' monster kinds hostile? For example, use Elven Warriors somewhere, but as enemies? I know it can be done, but I've no idea how. Tried to figure it out based on Necromancers (friendly in Shadowspire, hostile at Zanthora's), but no luck :S

EDIT2: and since I'm already asking questions I might not get answered - is there a way to change values of enchantments? For example, to make Of the Gods one give say +30 stats instead of +10? I had hopes for the table that lists those, but it doesn't actually allow to change them.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Moving sprites between mm6-7-8, palette [probably] issue + hostility question

Unread postby GrayFace » 18 Jun 2016, 19:29

Did you set the palette in Data\Tables\SFT.txt?
Echo wrote:EDIT: and also, one thing that I can't figure out - how to make 'friendly' monster kinds hostile? For example, use Elven Warriors somewhere, but as enemies? I know it can be done, but I've no idea how. Tried to figure it out based on Necromancers (friendly in Shadowspire, hostile at Zanthora's), but no luck :S
In the editor press E and set Hostile to true. You can also do it with a script.

The last question: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... 02#p364302
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Re: Moving sprites between mm6-7-8, palette [probably] issue + hostility question

Unread postby Echo » 18 Jun 2016, 23:02

No, I'm really green when it comes to the modifications. I checked which palette the monster was using and replaced it with a palette exported from MM7, n00b way. Didn't work :P

Thanks a bunch for the reply, but I see those things would require getting into scripts and codes... I'm afraid that's not for me, at least for now. I hoped there'd be an easy and idiot-friendly way to do it, but I will leave it well enough alone and stick to poking at stuff that has understandable words in txt editor tables :)

All the best to you and thanks x100 for all your contributions to MM stuff <3

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 19 Jun 2016, 15:16

Echo wrote:No, I'm really green when it comes to the modifications. I checked which palette the monster was using and replaced it with a palette exported from MM7, n00b way. Didn't work :P
Should have worked if you replaced all 3 palettes.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 19 Jun 2016, 18:21

Hm, I don't know how to find other palettes then. I'm using MMArchive and it only showed me one palette on all of the monster sprite frames so that's the one I changed. But other than those necromancers, I wanted to replace behemoths (must they be eveeeeeerywhere pshaw, not a fan :P) with Tolberti sprites and he only uses 1 palette so I guess that could backfire somehow? Or make 3 copies of the same palette... I don't know :D I guess it's fine as it is, my free time is almost over anyway. The modling will remain a baby modling.

Return to “Might and Magic”