Issues with Maestro's class update on 64bit system

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Echo
Demon
Demon

Issues with Maestro's class update on 64bit system

Unread postby Echo » 08 Jun 2016, 13:49

Hey. I can't run the class update on Windows 10 64bit. I saw in another topic that the solution is to install it on a different 32bit system and then copy the exe, but I don't have such computer available. Is there perhaps another workaround in this day and age? :)

Thanks.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: Issues with Maestro's class update on 64bit system

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 08 Jun 2016, 13:58

I'm afraid my workaround has indeed been to have an older 32-bit computer to run it. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 08 Jun 2016, 18:09

Perhaps someone has a patched .exe I could just use?

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 08 Jun 2016, 18:54

Use MMext to correct classes if nothing help.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 08 Jun 2016, 21:08

How can I correct classes if they don't install at all? It's not like some small thing is broken that I could correct even using a savegame editor possibly. I just don't have them at all :<

Plus I'm not a modder, I have no idea how to use those programs, I have the extension installed and that's about as much as I know about it, sadly.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 09 Jun 2016, 06:48

Install MMext by Grayface. Open game. Close game. Go to Data folder. There was build Table folder.
There are tables. Using Grayface txtedit open: class skills. If you paste letter E M G in game skill is for class.
Eg. body magic for knights. AS YOU WANT!!!There is more tables: class stats, class starting skills!
Try open Maestro Mod in Win xp mode. In windows non full ecran. I dont use 64 bit system. Search how to open Win xp game in modern system.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 09 Jun 2016, 13:19

I tried running the class installer it in the compability mode, but it doesn't make any difference. Same error. Changing game's compability mode doesn't make a difference either.

I could edit the tables manually if that's the only thing that classchange.exe does, but I don't really know what sort of classes would work with the mod to make it fun and not cheese it :P I was curious what he came up with that meshed well with the rest of the mod.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 09 Jun 2016, 16:15

If it is only classes no problem. Edit. And maybe it will be possible build prepared exe? Mod exe is working in your computer? But Grayface newest Mod exe mayby not work with this installer? Build your own skill system.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 09 Jun 2016, 23:38

I found a solution that lets me actually use the classes as planned for the mod. If anyone gets the same issue, there's an archive here that seems to solve it: http://www.moddb.com/mods/might-and-mag ... sses-patch

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 10 Jun 2016, 06:59

Thanks I tried and I cant edit it too. Maybe your solution help me too.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 10 Jun 2016, 09:37

It should work, but as he says, make a backup of all .dll files. For me, it made it impossible to use any modified bitmaps and sprites. And I like mine, so I'll in turn try your solution of editing classes myself in the end :D Will see what will come of it.

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 10 Jun 2016, 11:18

Okay, so I've found out how to change class stats, skills, descriptions etc, but for the life of me I can't find a way to rename them. Could someone tell me where/how to do it? :D

After testing I found out it's somewhere in the events.lod, but if I change class.txt (the one in the patch event file), it only changes the description, not the class name. Where are the names hidden/how to access them?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a Dumbo. It's in Global.txt. And there I was already trying to open some .evt files (and failing at understanding anything. Glad it's not somewhere there xD)

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 10 Jun 2016, 14:43

Global is changed by Maestro :-)

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 10 Jun 2016, 15:51

I know, that's what I was trying to find :P Wasn't sure which file it changed that changed the names of classes everywhere. Since classes.txt and similar didn't change it.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Baronus » 10 Jun 2016, 16:05

All txt files was moded. There is only exe class mod. But thanks GrayFace you can mod it someone.
There are links:
http://mmgames.ru/index.php?option=com_ ... 54&lang=en
You can download there in main mod site:
http://www.mmgames.ru/index.php?option= ... 91&lang=en
But there are another otions like back to Emerald Isle... You can mod it too in transport tables.

Return to “Might and Magic”