solo mm7 toon

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Re: solo mm7 toon

Unread postby Arret » 17 Jan 2016, 21:42

Yes, Celeste can be cleared for a ton of experience, but it's way easier once you get dark.

Nothing really has good respawn rates. If I were looking for a place with a ton of relatively easy experience I would drop stars and meteors on hydra and Thunderbirds in Nighon.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 17 Jan 2016, 21:47

Jacko wrote:Arenas? I read about solo toons with 300ish or mor level. Or its just another well-type trick?
Probably learning at level 60 master combined with well cheesing (one of the 10 possibilities is 5000 xp). You would have a ton of experience killing all the dragons/titans/devils in Eeofol. I thought levels were capped at 200 though and could probably be eligible for around another 100 levels.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 18 Jan 2016, 14:07

So far so good with solo Sorc.

Once finished, I will try solo sorc in MM6 but I have a funny feeling it will be more difficult.

Have you ever gone solo in MM6? A solo Sorc would be a good choice?

An added value is the mirrored paths I guess.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 18 Jan 2016, 18:07

Did it once on MM6. It's pretty tough, but you get the advantage of the +30 levels well in Kriegspire.

Your biggest problems are no invisibility and no healing of any kind.

Darkmoor is tough and the Tomb of VARN which is always terrible stays that way. The room where you use the scrolls in VARN took me a ton of reloads.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 18 Jan 2016, 20:11

I will give it a try. Might be fun.

btw, master lvl id item + an item of identification would be enough? How high id item bonus on an item would i need?

+30 levels well? It grants 30 level?

Maybe a duo maybe then? Cleric and sorc in mm6.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 18 Jan 2016, 20:37

Btw, because of sheer difficulty of dark proving grounds i took gm air and master fire.

gm water + sevenleague boots are good as they alliw me to completely recharge my paralyze wand back to 25 charges. This wand does come in handy.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 Jan 2016, 00:55

It's supposed to be level 30 for relics if I remember right, which would be master (3*7) plus 9 to ensure identification. As solo though, just put the extra skill points in for GM so you free up a ring slot for something more useful.

In Kriegspire village there is a well next to the training grounds that gives +30 levels temporarily. Set a Lloyd's Beacon there and you will have enough hit points to carry yourself until at least mid game with no real issues.

Cleric Sorcerer duo is actually pretty strong. The key is making sure your Cleric never goes unconscious.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 19 Jan 2016, 06:12

Thanks for the tip about the well - i didnt know about it.

In mm7 in open areas my lich is ok. But otoh clearing tight closed spaces is a pain - like markham estate in tatalia. Wand of paralysis is pricless then. So it is easier to lill hydras then some low lvl critters in small enclosed spaces :(

U r right about id gm. HP are scarse so it better to put there a ring with 25 hp as at clvl 21 his base hp is maybe 160...

all extra bonuses from item will be hp i guess - or maybe use few of protection too?

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 19 Jan 2016, 06:14

In mm6 SSSS is way too OP. otoh only one S Might be unable to finish the game.

i will see how the solo lich handles mm7 and then figure something for 6. In mm8 though solo lich was a powerhouse!

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 Jan 2016, 15:51

Solo lich will be powerful once you get souldrinker and high Shrapmetal, but is still very vulnerable to getting 1 shot.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 19 Jan 2016, 18:38

Hey, i just completed dark proving grounds completely invisible without any fighting :) it took me about 30 minutes and tons of reloading but with proper timingi pulled it off :)

I dont believe i could make it with fighting those mobs :(

None the less, now to nighon to kill some hydras for money as atm only approx 4k gp so need another 4 to gm dark. I have shrapmetal poison cloud and dragon breath already. Souldrinker will have to wait.

Now i can ditch spellmaster as i have artefact boots of water ring of air and fire.money will be ok as now i need it only for training and few spells.

who do i take on as second npc now? Teacher or some kind of a healer maybe?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 Jan 2016, 19:30

With Souldrinker you won't need a healer.

Yes thought could have cleared out most of the Breeding Zone, it just takes a ton of healing potions, some creativity, and abuse of choke points.

Teacher is your best bet. Enchanter isn't a bad choice either.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 19 Jan 2016, 20:09

Right, with 20 all res.

I will go to arena and see how he can perform and whats the time to exp gained ratio to see if its worthwhile. Maybe master learning 10or more and some arenas? I will not abuse the well thing. Levels would be okish as always a little bit more hp.

I already hired instructor and teacher both from tularean

killed all hydras in nighon so enough money for souldrinker and gm dark. Now money only for training and maybe some repairing and healing.

Got gm lvl id item.

Now alchemy maybe but still on the lookout for 23+ alchemy item. I will do the sniper promo and kill a few dragons for this alchemy item . Besides o need some pieces of equipment with 25 hp bonus and maybe 2 rings of protection. Im not licky with enchant item :(

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 Jan 2016, 21:34

Enchant Item is only for rank 4 enchants, so you won't get the top level stuff, but it has a ton of uses. The problem is that most of the enchants will be worse than what you already have since you are already relatively stacked with end game gear.

Also remember you can enchant any weapon or bow to vampiric or inferno if it doesn't have a current enchantment. I often buy a bunch of low level weapons, cast GM fire aura, and sell them right back at huge profit.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 20 Jan 2016, 05:21

Rank 4 explains a lot - wjy i couldnt get e.g. 25 hp on rings :( equipment is good but still i need toreplace a few bonuses like 22 ac on armour for 25 hp or ring of luck for a hp ring.

I forgot that gm fire gives you a permanent enchant.

Got dark to lvl14 + 7 from staff and hydras go down in 2 - 3 hits :)

Cannot wait to get souldrinker.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 20 Jan 2016, 07:37

About Master Learnig 7 skill:
- I have Master Learning level 7
- learning cap
- teacher and instructor

That would be:
- /(7 + 15) x 3/ + 9 = 75% from skill - 7 from skill, 15 from cap, x3 multiplier from master learning and 9% starting bonus from learning lvl 1
- additional 25% from NPCs
- a total of 100% more exp gained, right?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 20 Jan 2016, 07:44

You would think so, but it doesn't seem to work that way. I tested this once with well abuse and rank 60 learning had a LOT more experience gain than 45+learning cap after I cleared out the dragons in Eeofol. I assume this is a bug. Safer to assume a +70% boost, although honestly since you aren't splitting it 4 ways you really won't care that much.

Souldrinker is amazing. It's a stronger inferno that deals dark damage and heals you. The drawback is the recovery time is really long.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 20 Jan 2016, 07:47

Also why would you not already have Souldrinker at skill 14? You already have the skill for GM and you said money wasn't a problem.

Jacko
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Jacko » 20 Jan 2016, 13:04

Well, I trained, got GM dark and bought some spells and...ran out of money :)

But after having killed all hydras I will buy it tonight finally as the killing hydras in Nighon netted me about 30k gp iirc.

Money is just enough for one toon for repair, healing and buying some cheap stuff from time to time. I don't have as much as with Master Merchant and some +merchant.

And now I have reached a point when I really need little money.

Cannot wait to try Souldrinker. Maybe with Haste potions recovery will be better.

And still have to go about this alchemy thing.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 20 Jan 2016, 18:08

Fire your hirelings, get a duper and merchant, and run around to weapon shops buying/casting fire aura/selling. Train a couple times in between to reset the shops and repeat as necessary.

Return to “Might and Magic”