I still not finished M&M 9 and 10

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

I still not finished M&M 9 and 10

Unread postby koval321 » 28 Dec 2015, 15:24

It was easier for me to go back from M&M 6-8 to World of Xeen (which am completed) than further and with each new game is more difficulty in terms of feel confusing, so in fact I would probably rather choose to play M&M3 than M&MX. I still give try MM9 but playing it its just awkward, totally not intuitive. Am just finished MM8 about 5 times in row and its worn game, I known too much shortcuts and its always speedrun now. After few months return to save game from MM9 and literally spend hours to learn how play it again, its so unintuitive and then start worry that am pick wrong characters. Am enter some house and it totally not look like shop, and map cant even scroll etc. am trying to buy something but I must read everything because icons not tell nothing. Problem is that when am scroll inventory I must read it over and over again, you just cant "see" what you have. And many times must right click on these tiny icons to see what is damage or magic bonus, because not remember what was there. Even worst with skill promotions, this person just walk on street, so you cant remember or mark on map his location. Am in some progress of game and still not have any class promotions and not remember any clue how get it. Every informations are on one list so forget about quick search, you must read it all over again, whole list every time just like with reading inventory. Or another problem with dungeon, it was very easy, am going and win each battle like some rats or flies and then come across one monster which wipeout my entire party in few seconds, so I think it must be some boss I will run forward.. and there was 50 more of them what? its completely not balanced. Its like walk trough corridor with rats and then behind next door all monsters are dragons and titans etc difficulty jump. And not mention textures, they are so ugly, its not even bad, its terrible, am just feel like previously games looks much better, it was 100x better in 2D graphic, although 3D here seem to be bit improved. And these every maps looks so boring, like I don't want to visit any place twice. Uh so yeah there is couple reasons why I hate this game.. AND STILL MM9 FEELS BETTER THAN MMX.. :rofl: With this game is another story to write, it just not feel like play MM game anymore, this resemble Grimrock clone. Where in 9 you have limited freedom of exploration, here its even worst. WoX was super, just go and do whatever you want, and here is like under heavy traffic control NO NO NO HERE NO HERE HERE NO NO HERE I think I will start again 9 and choose four mages, his is my fav style. I was too much smart reading all classes and pick characters which would have every major skills to grand. No I will do it simple by max offensive magic, 4 mages always work

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Re: I still not finished M&M 9 and 10

Unread postby Arret » 29 Dec 2015, 18:42

MM9 doesn't have the same feel as other MM games largely because it happens on a different planet, but it isn't hard. The biggest annoyance is taking full promotion to get a good town portal and the removal of stables, so you are subject to the boat schedule where it can take weeks to get anywhere. Strom-> Drang -> Guber -> Everywhere else
It's probably the weakest entry in the whole series aside from 1 or 2 simply due to aging.

MM10 is set on the Ubisoft world, but the mechanics are fine and it is a good play through despite a weak story, but has little replayability. Don't go in expecting a Might and Magic feeling for the game because the ancients are stripped from the New universe.

Return to “Might and Magic”