MM8 difficulty mod?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
galneon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM8 difficulty mod?

Unread postby galneon » 27 Jul 2015, 19:59

I've only finished MM8 once, probably a week after it hit store shelves. I've tried to replay it many times but it stands as the easiest game in the series and I just can't get back into it.

Has anyone modded MM8 for difficulty? Some sort of boring universal monster stat scaling would be better than nothing. Self-handicapping really breaks immersion for me so I'd rather not go the "just don't train/solo it" route.

Edit: Ok, I just scrolled down and found "Day of the Serious Destroyer". I feel lazy now, but to tell the truth, I've inquired about this sort of thing before (on the old forum, or on TELP, or...) and the answer has always been "no" so I suppose I just expected to be disappointed again.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Re: MM8 difficulty mod?

Unread postby the beavers1 » 28 Jul 2015, 07:19

one thing that makes the game easier is either soloing or not playing with dragon... which basically liquifies any effort needed
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

galneon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: MM8 difficulty mod?

Unread postby galneon » 28 Jul 2015, 21:30

Soloing is fun in some games, but I imagine it being very tedious and slow with even more kiting than usual in an MM game... I'm definitely going to use the Day of the Serious Destroyer mod which sounds great, and then I'll boycott all dragons and if I recruit someone higher than level 1 I'll de-level them with the editor. I just wish some of the overpowered spells could be nerfed as they inevitably would have been if this game had received a longer support cycle.

Return to “Might and Magic”