Who liked Ubisoft's M&M X?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 13 Apr 2015, 01:11

LoG is "not" turn-based.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 13 Apr 2015, 01:14

Really? That's odd. So, it looks like that, but it's real time then?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 15 Apr 2015, 02:27

Panda Tar wrote:There's another game in that likeness ... hm ... Legend of Grimrock (1 and 2). It has some great reviews.
Grimrock 1 was also a good old-school RPG, but more in the vein of Eye of the Beholder than Might and Magic. They are very different kinds of games. If nothing else, MMX is completely turn-based which leads to a slightly more cerebral experience. I prefer MM X.

I haven't played Grimrock 2, which seems to have more of an overworld. I've got it in my Steam Library... just haven't had a chance to play it yet.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 15 Apr 2015, 03:57

I'll wait for another cut off prices on that game and then I'll try it. 2 seems to be much larger, I've been told.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 02 May 2015, 13:48

Kinda hard not to like it, since it is the first and prob last official Might and Magic we will ever see post-NWC.
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 08 May 2015, 16:05

Next time they should make an Elder Scrolls-sized and budgeted game. I hope Ubisoft realizes how powerful these games are. What could compete with TES better than Might and Magic?

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 22 May 2015, 22:54

Part 9 and 10 have too much similarities to other games (Wizardry 8 and Grimrock) and lost too much from own style (in 9 bother me inventory in 10 almost everything) beside this you can also add lack of quality (9 have terrible maps, 10 broken balance and its almost linear game, even worst from 9) Actually X is worst from serie in my opinion. This could be good as some indie rpg but not as M&M because am obviously compare it to something else, previously parts and have some expectations. In my opinion this game should look similar to mm 6-8 just with better gfx like Skyrim or at least Morrowind (because M&M so far don't reach even half distance to Morrowind quality)

Return to “Might and Magic”