MM7: Weaponmaster only partially (N+E) affects Unarmed?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

MM7: Weaponmaster only partially (N+E) affects Unarmed?

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 30 Oct 2014, 15:33

My Monk got Master Weaponmaster. Without a weapon he gets the bonuses from the Normal (- Recovery Time/skill) and Expert (+ Attack Bonus/skill) but not the Master (+ damage/skill) rank. With a staff or any other weapon he gets the damage bonus as well.

I could comprehend it, if WM had no effect at all without a weapon, but I do not understand, why you get some bonuses and others not. WM should either affect Unarmed (w/o a staff) completely or not at all.

Is this inconsistency a bug or is it for a reason?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 30 Oct 2014, 16:22

Does your Monk have GM Unarmed? Maybe it causes an interesting interaction with the Staff and the Armsmaster skill that you haven't thought of. But I wouldn't be surprised if the damage formula was wrong here as well. Most weapons seem to have some kind of problem, especially when it comes to dual wielding.

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 30 Oct 2014, 16:58

Phobos wrote:Does your Monk have GM Unarmed? Maybe it causes an interesting interaction with the Staff and the Armsmaster skill that you haven't thought of. But I wouldn't be surprised if the damage formula was wrong here as well. Most weapons seem to have some kind of problem, especially when it comes to dual wielding.
It works with the staff, no problem there. But it also works with bare hands, but only the Normal and Expert ranks. I just wonder, why normal and expert ranks with bare hands work, but not the master rank.

And yes, I mean Armsmaster, not Weaponmaster. Thanks.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 31 Oct 2014, 10:14

It's a formula error. Normal and Expert Armsmaster bonuses indeed apply to even your bare hands, but the Master bonus doesn't. I'm not really sure though, but this might be intentional.

I was thinking of removing the Monk's Master Armsmaster perk at first, and turns out it would have been a good decision.

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 31 Oct 2014, 18:48

Just found out, as soon as you become GM staff, M Armsmaster doesn't work with the staff anymore either. The staff just slows your attacks down, so it's pretty much useless.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 02 Nov 2014, 01:14

Is there a point to the normal level perk for a monk? I thought that using fists already had minimal recovery time and you clear recovery time from the leather armor at expert.

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 02 Nov 2014, 05:34

Arret wrote:Is there a point to the normal level perk for a monk? I thought that using fists already had minimal recovery time and you clear recovery time from the leather armor at expert.
Recovery time starts for unarmed at 60, same as with daggers. Leather adds 10 (0 at expert). Armsmaster on normal rank reduces the recovery time by 1/point. 30 points recovery time is the minimum for melee combat.

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 02 Nov 2014, 06:12

Clubs start out at the minimum attack recovery, not unarmed.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 06 Nov 2014, 13:38

Yeah, if I recall correcty, the recovery for your bare hands is 100 if you have no Unarmed skill at all, and 60 if you do have it.

Also, the games count the recovery time by what you wield in your right hand, so if you have a sword in your left but your right hand has no weapon in it, you'll have the recovery time of the fist.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 23 Dec 2014, 00:22

This is definitely a bug with Monks. It annoys me a lot when I solo the game as a Monk. I don't think there's any fixes for it available. It's definitely not intentional to get the basic and expert bonuses but not the master bonuses from unarmed.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 08 May 2015, 16:01

ShadowLiberal wrote:This is definitely a bug with Monks. It annoys me a lot when I solo the game as a Monk. I don't think there's any fixes for it available. It's definitely not intentional to get the basic and expert bonuses but not the master bonuses from unarmed.
Maybe Grayface can fix it someday in his patch. Make sure to add it to the suggestions in the thread :)

Return to “Might and Magic”