Children of the Void - Help Wanted to Develop This Game

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Children of the Void - Help Wanted to Develop This Game

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 15 Jan 2012, 02:37

Children of the Void: An Unofficial Sequel to Might and Magic remains a work-in-progress, and our organization is always looking for new staff members with a passion for knowledge and experience in the field of game design. With your help and strong work ethic, we can move the project forward and begin to release more game content to the public. If you are interested in joining this nonprofit project, please contact me at MMXAlamar@gmail.com and let me know how I can help you get involved with designing our game.

Specifications

Game Type: First-Person CRPG (Might and Magic 6-9 next-gen style)
Game Engine: V Engine - supports Windows and Mac - (http://sheid.net)
Active Staff: ~25 staff members, including 5 project leaders
Founded: January 15th, 2011 (current project incarnation)

Staff Positions

3D Designer
Requires proficient skill in a 3d modeling program such as Blender, 3ds Max, ZBrush, Maya, etc. Must be able to generate low, medium, and high poly models. Texturing, mapping, rigging, and animation skills are strongly encouraged.

Concept Artist
Requires experience in digital and/or hand drawing. Some of the concept art jobs available include the design of characters, creatures, architecture, environments, objects, items, and user interface graphics.

Programmer
Requires sufficient knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages: C++, Lua, HTML, CSS, JavaScript.

Sound Designer/Composer
Requires expertise in composition for the fantasy genre and access to DAWs, instruments, and other tools, such as digital and physical audio equipment and studio space.

Writer
Requires a knowledgeable understanding of the English language and literature, poetic and conversational prose, a strong air of creativity and experience in the fantasy style of writing. Any knowledge of the following subjects: history, anthropology, sociology, psychology, economics, and medieval studies is strongly encouraged.[/b]

Screenshot

Thank you!

MMXAlamar
Project Leader
mmxalamar@gmail.com
Last edited by MMXAlamar on 01 Jan 2013, 21:30, edited 11 times in total.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 16 Jan 2012, 21:10

* bump. :)

Would be nice if this could get stickied.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 17 Jan 2012, 01:46

Macros the Black wrote:* bump. :)

Yes it would! :D

If you haven't seen yet, here's some character concepts from our FB page:

King Lysander Gryphonheart

Oracle of the Dawn

Image[/b]
Last edited by MMXAlamar on 20 Oct 2012, 00:13, edited 2 times in total.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 27 Feb 2012, 00:44

I have noticed that there havent been any updates in a while... When will there be an update?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Feb 2012, 00:55

MMXAlamar wrote:
Macros the Black wrote:* bump. :)

Yes it would! :D
Ask and thou shalt receive. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Oudcrek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Oudcrek » 07 Apr 2012, 08:05

There is currently a thread on reddit about the gog.com 50% off sale, join the discussion!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/ ... on_gogcom/

MMXAlamar
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby MMXAlamar » 08 May 2012, 16:59

Attention! MMX is still hiring 3d modelers/texture artists and 2d artists who do fantasy art.

Please send me a PM or email if interested: MMXAlamar@gmail.com

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Sep 2012, 20:38

Sadly I'm incopetent in both programming and art, but I'm an aspiring writer and a storyline maniac. I'd happily handle some dialogue (since I hear that the storyline's already complete anyway). You can send me a priv with instructions if you'd like me to do some of those.

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 11 Mar 2013, 13:52

Is it opensource?

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 09 Apr 2013, 00:54

Xfing wrote:Sadly I'm incopetent in both programming and art, but I'm an aspiring writer and a storyline maniac. I'd happily handle some dialogue (since I hear that the storyline's already complete anyway). You can send me a priv with instructions if you'd like me to do some of those.
Aspiring writers are usually among the least necessary personnel for these kinds of projects.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 09 Apr 2013, 00:56

MMXAlamar wrote:Attention! MMX is still hiring 3d modelers/texture artists and 2d artists who do fantasy art.

Please send me a PM or email if interested: MMXAlamar@gmail.com
I can help if you need a Java/C#/python/PHP/HTML/SQL programmer. But if it's C++ or just plain art, then apologies.

RobMM8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RobMM8 » 09 Apr 2014, 17:52

Really sad that almost every single Might and Magic mod that I followed has died. There was so much potential in all of them.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 11 Feb 2015, 00:27

RobMM8 wrote:Really sad that almost every single Might and Magic mod that I followed has died. There was so much potential in all of them.

It's death is almost inevitable. The project is too big and, unlike games such as Mount and Blade or Skyrim, it's very hard to mod Might and Magic due to a lack of modding platform.

M&M Tribute, GrayFace's mod, WoG, and Equilibris are exceptions rather than the norm.

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Children of the Void - Help Wanted to Develop This Game

Unread postby Super Goober » 27 Jul 2015, 11:37

Though the game didn't come to fruition, I learned a valuable skill during the time I was on the team. I learned how to make sound effects in Audacity. Here, you'll see what three years can do for you if you practice a skill often enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqnOvwp ... e=youtu.be

This is an RPG I'm working on called Uniques United. Everything you hear in this video, from the combat, to the magic spells, the hits and whooshes, everything was hand-designed. I wouldn't have been able to do stuff like this if it weren't for Children of the Void, as ill-fated as the game was. If you have no skills and want to make your own game, join a fan project and build up your skills.

Baronus
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Children of the Void - Help Wanted to Develop This Game

Unread postby Baronus » 14 Apr 2016, 19:14

Harm that this beauty project is dead... MMXAlamar or other project member... Can you build a pack of your stuff in game format (items with transparency colors)? I want add it to game as mod. Harm to lose it...

alejandrolyons
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re:

Unread postby alejandrolyons » 17 Aug 2023, 04:00

Oudcrek wrote: 07 Apr 2012, 08:05 There is currently a thread on reddit about the gog.com 50% off sale, join the discussion!

Is Heroes 6 any good? The only one I really liked was 3. Hated 4, thought 5 was very average.

Return to “Might and Magic”