MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 14 Dec 2014, 14:53

First, is great that people have such high standards and will not give up despite huge work.

Secondly, I think you guys take a big risk by setting your projects delays to several years, both for SW and this. My heroes III is crashing a lot on win 7. Win 10 is in the making. By the time you finish those mods, win 15 will be the norm. And from what I see, the compatibility with win 95 games is the last thing they care.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 15 Dec 2014, 03:24

Is maestro still working on this project? I have not seen much from him in a long time
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 16 Dec 2014, 05:48

Salamandre wrote:First, is great that people have such high standards and will not give up despite huge work.

Secondly, I think you guys take a big risk by setting your projects delays to several years, both for SW and this. My heroes III is crashing a lot on win 7. Win 10 is in the making. By the time you finish those mods, win 15 will be the norm. And from what I see, the compatibility with win 95 games is the last thing they care.
H3SW will approximately take 1,5-2 years if we won't find new artists for it and won't lose them anymore. I still hope to find some to get to the end faster.

MM8,5 is a kind of another story, but it should be more compatible with newer systems I think.
the beavers1 wrote:Is maestro still working on this project? I have not seen much from him in a long time
Yes, he is still the project lead designer. I am responsible mainly for promo here as he does not visit forums often these days.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 24 Dec 2014, 13:59

This is some good points with am agree. Normally modifications make sense max to 10 years after game release. Here is exception because series actually stop at part 8 and its best we have to mod, parts 9, 10 was watered down. Part 9 seem to be made on modified Wizardry 8 engine and 10 on Grimrock engine, and it feel like play totally different games with "M&M" title slapped on it.
Last edited by koval321 on 22 Nov 2015, 08:27, edited 4 times in total.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 24 Dec 2014, 14:05

Heroes 3 was released in 1999. Heroes 3 Horn of the Abyss and Heroes 3 The Succession Wars are still being developed in 2015.

It severely depends on the game, and promotional efforts of the team as well.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 01 Jan 2015, 08:40

New Year - a time of wonders and new discoveries!

Might and Magic 8,5 team wishes you all happy New Year and presents an update accordingly.

This time we will tell you about the new location - the Snake Islands.

There is not much known about the snakemen. Long time ago they inhabited the Dagger Wound Islands before the lizardmen, having their own city and the Temple, which is now referred as the Abandoned... but then they mysteriously disappeared. Up until now they were considered extinct. However, now they return! The courageous Hero of Jadame with a brave team of adventurers opened the temple door, recovered the snake idol and fulfilled the prophecy of the Snake!
An ancient portal appeared, leading to the Snake Island, a home of the Snakemen people. After a long time the Snakemen regained a chance to return to the Dagger Wound Islands.

The heroes of Might and Magic 8,5 will be able to discover the new nations on Enroth, know more about their life and traditions, figure out the difficulties of the class relations in the snakemen society and even to participate in the conflict of the warm-blooded and cold-blooded.

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 07 Jan 2015, 13:14

Happy New Year to you too! And congratulations for the nice progress!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 15 Feb 2015, 20:35

Good news everyone!

It's time to introduce Anton Petrov, our new 3D artist! With his recent activity the work has already become a lot faster!
---
And of course, as expected, here is the information about another new location of Jadame: The Rocky Gorge

The Rocky Gorge is a territory belonging to the Necromancers of Shadowspire. The whole place is surrounded by impassable rocks, so that it is accessible only via air transport or magic. With the growth of the Necromancers Guild (we should remind that according to our storyline, the Necromancers were stronger than the Temple of the Sun) a certain inquisitor order from Antagarich has arrived to Jadame to assault the new Necromancer domain.

The player will have to meet both sides, and traditionally, to choose from the two with the exctinction of another one. This location is very important for the Death Knight class because the Pit of the Dead Souls is situated in the area - and this place is responsible for the promotion quest.
---
1 - Dark Citadel, a domain of the Death Knights.

2 - The Capitol, also being a Cathedral. This building was captured by the inquisitors and transformed to their HQ.

3, 4 - Some local architecture pieces.
ImageImage

5 - The Pit of the Dead Souls entrance.

6 - Dark Citadel, underground.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 16 Feb 2015, 04:36

cant wait till its finished! :D

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 16 Feb 2015, 23:42

Wow! Great!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 18 Feb 2015, 11:53

All this looks great! I look forward to playing the game when it's finished.

PicturesOfLily
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PicturesOfLily » 18 Feb 2015, 12:12

This looks fantastic, I'm looking forward to play it! Whenever it may come out, even if it takes 10 years.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 04 Mar 2015, 18:17

A fundamental breakthrough in MM 6-8 modding! The Might and Magic 8.5 Team has created a demo video of a new location: the Dead City!

With these developments we will be able to see many more previously undiscovered areas of Jadame with fascinating stories, innovative geometry and lots of gameplay fun from a game we all love.

ENJOY!

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 04 Mar 2015, 22:18

Splendid!
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Mar 2015, 02:02

Looks promising. :)

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 05 Mar 2015, 04:00

yay! This is great!

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 06 Mar 2015, 15:43

Great stuff.

Really brings back the memories of fighting in giant castles and huge locations from MM6. Can't wait :).

boban89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

work

Unread postby boban89 » 09 May 2015, 10:57

well seems to be still on moving with this which is really great . Cant wait till it will release and will be functional as playable game . I like MM8 so as MM7 , not much like the MMIX which really suck in compare to its older game "sisters" :D But still keep up the good work guys .

Roticet
Peasant
Peasant

Re: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction

Unread postby Roticet » 05 Mar 2016, 20:49

Hope you guys are still working on this
Been excited to see this since the first time i came across this close to 3 years ago.

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re:

Unread postby namad » 05 Mar 2016, 22:41

Salamandre wrote:First, is great that people have such high standards and will not give up despite huge work.

There'll be the GOG copies.

Return to “Might and Magic”