MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Nov 2013, 10:34

My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 23 Nov 2013, 12:33

Wow thanks GF, didn't know you made it. Now starting with dragon. Out of curiosity, I may ask: is it big work to allow all skills to be learned by all classes in mm6-7-8? I usually play solo character and without some skills it takes ages to go back town etc. Especially in MM7.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Nov 2013, 18:37

Salamandre wrote:Wow thanks GF, didn't know you made it. Now starting with dragon. Out of curiosity, I may ask: is it big work to allow all skills to be learned by all classes in mm6-7-8? I usually play solo character and without some skills it takes ages to go back town etc. Especially in MM7.
It's easy. MMExtension already supports such things. You'll need to download it, run a game once and then edit DATA\Tables\Class Skills.txt in TxtEdit (also from my site). B/E/M/G stand for skill levels Basic/Expert/..., "-" stands for unavailable. For MM6 you'll need to edit Class Starting Skills.txt instead, there change every "-" into "a" to make every skill available.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 24 Nov 2013, 02:42

Thanks, now I am lost here: downloaded MMextension for MM7. Where to place it, in root folder? Now, I have no Data folder in, neither class skills.txt, and what means "run the game once"? Can edit the game only while is running?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 25 Nov 2013, 11:57

Salamandre wrote:Thanks, now I am lost here: downloaded MMextension for MM7. Where to place it, in root folder? Now, I have no Data folder in, neither class skills.txt, and what means "run the game once"? Can edit the game only while is running?
In the game folder. It also requires my patch installed. On first run it will create the tables.
Game folder must contain Data folder. If it doesn't, it may be due to virtualization, that's a case I haven't tested against, but you'll probably find it somewhere in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Virtual Store. Best thing is to have some sort of Games folder outside of Program Files with MM games there.

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 26 Nov 2013, 18:21

Since I felt like it, have a dark knight description for a start:

Code: Select all

Dark Knights were once among the ranks of the knights of the living, but now they are neither plain walking dead - nor ordinary vampires.
Being knights in their former life, they specialize in mortal combat - and can become proficient in many kinds of weapons and armor types.
They possess an exceptional physical provess, but are unable to learn the arts of ordinary magic; instead they possess the unique ability to manipulate their own twisted life energies to do their cruel, bloody bidding.
This provides them the choice of either becoming a tough, nigh extinguishable warden - or use their powers to harvest their twisted energy and use it against their enemies.

Code: Select all

Being beyond death's grasp, all Dark Knights have the unique ability to use their own hitpoints in exchange for fearsome powers.
Often erroneously labelled as "Blood Magic" by common folk, these Dark Powers - while powerful - are very harmful to their user; abusing them and running out of hitpoints will instantly kill the caster.
Since it's hard to try and be gritty and cool while the beans are spilled in broken English. :p

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 26 Nov 2013, 19:19

Since it's hard to try and be gritty and cool while the beans are spilled in broken English. :p
However, your description lacks a necessary bit of ornateness, even though it is written with nice grammar and sometimes uncommon vocabulary. Might and Magic VIII is a fantasy role-playing game, after all.

I mean, words like 'hitpoints' and direct short-word constructions like 'this class can do this and that' should be avoided, otherwise it turns into math.

The bios are in strong development currently, those were created long ago by Maestro.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 26 Nov 2013, 20:07

Grayface, thanks, I finally managed to create the txt files in data and now having fun with. The casting spells huge delays were what always prohibited me to play magic character solo, I will try to set those values to something similar to weapons delays and see if it works now.

Great tool Mmextension!

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 27 Nov 2013, 08:57

orzie wrote:I mean, words like 'hitpoints' and direct short-word constructions like 'this class can do this and that' should be avoided, otherwise it turns into math.
That would be easy enough to avoid if it wasn't merely a rewrite of the original description. ;)

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 27 Nov 2013, 09:00

Bloax wrote:
orzie wrote:I mean, words like 'hitpoints' and direct short-word constructions like 'this class can do this and that' should be avoided, otherwise it turns into math.
That would be easy enough to avoid if it wasn't merely a rewrite of the original description. ;)
The original seems fine for me though. Mainly, only grammar must be revised considerably.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 30 Nov 2013, 12:03

Grayface, I created tables and everything ok, except some moments in the game where the "greetings/faq" isn't showing anymore. Could it be due that I modified in tables settings for races, dunno. I did no modifications to 3devents or other.

ImageImage

Not big issue as I already played the mod so I know what to do, just let you know.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 20 Dec 2013, 14:25

Do you have moding tutorials? Am wish to try make new monsters gfx, or at least change characters gfx (with new animated faces)

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 20 Dec 2013, 14:29

koval321 wrote:Do you have moding tutorials? Am wish to try make new monsters gfx, or at least change characters gfx (with new animated faces)
Maestro has got something for you in this case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P33SUijLahw

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 06 Feb 2014, 16:56

A new flow of updates!

First and foremost, the process of editing the Might and Magic 6-8 main adventure maps is being simplified. The universal map editor from GrayFace is coming soon.

ImageImage

Also, some new neat updates can be checked out on our new YouTube Channel.

The concepts of the new locations and new dungeon maps are being worked on as well.
ImageImage

romeck
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby romeck » 14 Feb 2014, 18:06

Hello , mod looks wundabaaa. Is there ETA fot it ? 2014 ?2015?

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 14 Feb 2014, 18:08

Well, I guess anything we can say for now is still '42'. But the work goes on.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 19 Feb 2014, 14:06

This picture: wooden boat on lava? (ok am guess its just editor possibilities)
Last edited by koval321 on 19 Feb 2014, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 19 Feb 2014, 14:08

You don't get the meaning of the post. Please read carefully - the MM8,5 Team succeeded in the creation of the universal map editor for MM6-8. These random screenshots are just demonstrations. Thus you won't think that these are real.

RobMM8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RobMM8 » 08 Apr 2014, 19:02

Great work as always. I love the work that has been done in this project, as most of the work looks very similar to the MM6-MM8 period. I am not too sure on the models, but maybe its because I haven't gotten used to them yet. Hope to see this released in the future. )))

boban89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

question

Unread postby boban89 » 21 May 2014, 15:31

ok guys , great work as usual , but still need a release date of this mod :D Im pretty excited about this mod on MM8 which is good as it is :D

Return to “Might and Magic”