Legend of Erthia: Armageddon (Reborn)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 25 May 2015, 09:51

Some more updates. I have completed the huge cave. Lots of goodies, death, and the fun MM stuff in there! I have also got the main parts to the race system implemented. I am basically balancing stuff with the races. Here is a brief description I posted from the LOE FB page, "Humans are all round balanced, elves get a % increase in intellect, accuracy, mana, spell damage, orcs get a & increase in might, endurance, hit points, and damage but get decrease in intellect, wisdom, accuracy, and mana. ETC... Each class will have their strengths and weaknesses but the difference will show in the game." LOE uses some of its own mechanics when it comes to the main paramaeters. Anyways, work is flowing!
MIGHT AND MAGIC INSPIRED GAME: Legend of Erthia - Armageddon!
https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 25 May 2015, 16:14

What you do is amazing work. Support :applause:

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 26 May 2015, 06:27

Thanks Bro, and thanks for the support!
Salamandre wrote:What you do is amazing work. Support :applause:

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 31 May 2015, 09:44

Alright, I got some important updates. The whole inn and premade character idea is scrapped. Initially, I came up with this idea because LOE needs to make reference to the 4 most prominent characters in the game, "Maximus, Catherine, Arthur, and Priam." Without these characters LOE is losing a lot of its lore. So, to remedy this situation for Armageddon specifically, I have decided that the main heroes will be the 2nd promotion granting characters in LOE. They will also be at free will as the story progresses meaning they will travel across the lands and live their own lives too. Also, the hirling system is coming to LOE! You will be able to hire these main heroes into your party. They will also play important roles throughout the story such as participating in very important battles and events. This will allow for a 100% customizable party and keeping the LOE lore.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 31 May 2015, 16:34

Probably the most fun for me, is to roll character stats. I find that "fixed" stats make for less replay value.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 31 May 2015, 19:30

Variol wrote:Probably the most fun for me, is to roll character stats. I find that "fixed" stats make for less replay value.
That's why he scrapped the idea of them being your heroes, it ruined the re playability and mm feel.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 31 May 2015, 22:46

the beavers1 wrote:
Variol wrote:Probably the most fun for me, is to roll character stats. I find that "fixed" stats make for less replay value.
That's why he scrapped the idea of them being your heroes, it ruined the re playability and mm feel.
Yeah, I was reinforcing his decision. :)

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 31 May 2015, 23:51

Variol wrote:
the beavers1 wrote:
Yeah, I was reinforcing his decision. :)
And I was Reinforcing your Reinforcement :D
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 01 Jun 2015, 00:27

I would like to suggest that you do not make the same mistake they made with MMX Legacy. I was forced to pick a class which had some form of "light" spell, because some areas were too dark. I hope you will just the need for light or a torch, out of the game all together.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 01 Jun 2015, 03:45

Hey Variol! LOE's gameplay is a spitting image of MM7 crossed with WOX! You will get a lot of flexibility when it comes to creating your characters! This new decision will be great for both lore and character creation!

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 01 Jun 2015, 08:36

I hope we can also play solo, like in mm6-8, we kill 3 characters and play with one only: more experience, more challenge.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 01 Jun 2015, 08:46

That can be implemented easily! Never thought of it, but I'll definitely add it!

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 01 Jun 2015, 17:27

Thanks, after playing normally the game, is always fun to test solo character. In mm6-8 is harder but also that guy becomes some Hulk and this is rewarding.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 01 Jun 2015, 19:50

I always take 4 of the same class; more challenge. :)

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 02 Jun 2015, 02:07

In LOE Armageddon you will have up to 5 heroes to create. My party style includes: Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, Thief, and a Barbarian. Since races are going to be in LOE now I will still use only humans. I never used any other races in the MM games despite MMX where you had no choice.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Jun 2015, 15:47

..as long as my 5 barbarians can see in dungeons, I'm happy.

They would have been the best party in MMX Legacy, but I had to have a caster for the dungeons.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 03 Jun 2015, 03:13

You won't have to worry about that. I actually haven't even implemented the whole dungeon darkness yet. There is day and night and a schedule system, but I didn't even think of adding in darkness for dungeons. I found it a pain in the a** and more of a hassle than anything.

What do you think, should I add something like that in the game? If I do, it's gonna be tolerant.
Variol wrote:..as long as my 5 barbarians can see in dungeons, I'm happy.

They would have been the best party in MMX Legacy, but I had to have a caster for the dungeons.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 03 Jun 2015, 19:44

I think it's not worth it. You either have to have a caster, constantly casting "light", or shlep a bunch of torches around, not knowing how many will be needed.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 03 Jun 2015, 20:00

3rd solution, place torches on the dungeon walls. Or create an artifact which acts as a light halo around the group. In Skyrim they modded a ring for that purpose. Creativity is always better than just make all caves dark then force the player to select a caster.

legendoferthia
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby legendoferthia » 05 Jun 2015, 03:41

I might have to take a poll on this one. I remember the pains and hassles of constantly having to cast light, it begins to be a bit grindy and not really fun. Adding alternatives for lighting might be an option, but it might be just best to keep everything lit.

Return to “Might and Magic”