Might and Magic 6: Improving the Knight, Paladin, and Archer

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 09 Feb 2011, 23:09

Here's an idea, though I don't know if it can be done without some programming:

Instead of making the staffs a melee-only weapon, why not allow the wielder to shoot magical projectiles from it? That way, the mage-like classes wouldn't have to use a bow. It would make sense, since the sorcerers from MM6 can zap your party from afar, while your own sorcerer/ess is stuck with a dinky little bow that he/she shouldn't be a master at.

Of course, don't make the staffs so powerful that it removes the need for SP-draining spells, but give the staffs some power, governed by the wielder's intellect. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have the same staffs' damage governed by personality, because we all gotta admit, we are kinda jealous of the Clerics of Baa and their ability to shoot magic from afar. It would help to reduce the need for constant melee combat.

Druids would benefit from the staffs the most because they use both intellect and personality. This would help, since they don't tend to deal as much damage as either the sorcerer or the cleric under normal circumstances. It would also add some interest to the game. The novelty of being able to shoot projectiles you could never shoot before.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 17 Feb 2011, 22:04

Then you would also have to add throwing weapons. A knight is much more likely to throw a dagger than to drop his melee weapons and pull out a bow in the heat of combat.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Could we create a NPC.txt?

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 17 Mar 2011, 01:20

So we can control of the available 75 wandering NPC classes how often the more useful NPCs appear and how often the 1/3 of the useless NPC population appears wandering around in towns? (I think I found them all I reloaded several times)

Smith
Armorer
Alchemist
Scholar
Guide
Tracker
Pathfinder
Sailor
Navigator
Healer
Expert Healer
Master Healer
Teacher
Instructor
Arms Master
Weapons Master
Apprentice
Mystic
Spell Master
Trader
Merchant
Scout
Counselor
Barrister
Tinker
Locksmith
Fool
Chimney Sweep
Porter
Quarter Master
Factor
Banker
Cook
Chef
Horseman
Bard
Enchanter
Cartographer
Wind Master
Water Master
Gate Master
Acolyte
Piper
Explorer
Pirate
Squire
Psychic
Gypsy
Negotiator
Duper
Burglar
Hunter
Jester
Follower of Baa
Carpenter
Stone Cutter
Ditch Digger
Peasant
Farmer
Tailor
Laborer
Miller
Noble
Scribe
Serf
Trapper
Guard
Beggar
Cooper
Rustler
Potter
Clerk
Gambler
Cobbler
Weaver
Missionary

tnevolin
Scout
Scout

Re:

Unread postby tnevolin » 19 Oct 2015, 18:17

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:
seancdaug wrote:
UndeadHalfOrc wrote:If you want my items.txt and monsters.txt (files directly useable by MM6 if you use grayface's patch) ask for it and I'll post links.
I'd be interested it giving them a try, if you don't mind sharing them.
There you go

http://pages.infinit.net/plague/balance.zip
Sorry, looks like I'm late in the game. The link doesn't work anymore. Can you post it again please? I am interested in melee balance too.

Return to “Might and Magic”