MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 10 Sep 2012, 19:42

GrayFace wrote:Which part? :)
"the game folder" (the MM8 game folder?)

"run the installer from MM8 Party archive" (what installer? There's no exe file that I can see from the download?)

;|

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Sep 2012, 20:45

that means to extract mmext scripts to your *:\mm8\ directory and run mm8.exe

scripts works automatically after the installaion. you shouldn't activate them. just extract and play - it will work
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 10 Sep 2012, 22:38

Sorry, I still don't know what "extract" means. Extract usually means to take something out?

I copied all the files to the root directory, which does nothing.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 11 Sep 2012, 10:01

Variol wrote:"the game folder" (the MM8 game folder?)
Yes. Portal 2 game folder won't do it I suspect.
Variol wrote:"run the installer from MM8 Party archive" (what installer? There's no exe file that I can see from the download?)
There is one in https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/m ... edirects=0
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Revenge the Dragon

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 11 Sep 2012, 10:45

While I am certainly aware of the fact that what I am about to post here has nothing whatsoever to do with Might and Might 8, I still just have to proceed and say that the name of GrayFace's Dragon character "Kosto" means "Revenge" in Finnish. Not a bad name for a Dragon after all, or is it? :D

-Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 11 Sep 2012, 23:32

Sorry, it still makes no sense to me. Anyone else want to try and put it into "lay" terms? :|

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 13 Sep 2012, 01:28

I've also picked up some type of virus since downloading this file. Just a w/ord of caution.
Last edited by Variol on 13 Sep 2012, 08:51, edited 1 time in total.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 13 Sep 2012, 02:11

You have a dumb antivirus, that's all.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 13 Sep 2012, 08:53

Salamandre wrote:You have a dumb antivirus, that's all.
Gee, you're so helpful; what would I do without you? ;|

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 15 Sep 2012, 22:43

C'mon y'all, help me out ere. I really want to try a solo Dragon.

Flodarien
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Flodarien » 17 Sep 2012, 17:44

Variol wrote:Sorry, it still makes no sense to me. Anyone else want to try and put it into "lay" terms? :|
First of all, you need Winrar: www.rarlab.com

Then you need to download this: https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/m ... edirects=0

With Winrar, you can open this file. You then need to press the "Extract To" Button. Then you choose your MM8 installation folder. Then press OK.

Next, you need to download this: https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/m ... edirects=0

Do the same step you did with the MM8Estension.rar file. It will add an MM8 Choose Party.exe file in your MM8 instalation folder. Open it, and then install install it where it tells you too (It should already tell you the MM8 installation folder).

And voila, that should do the trick.

Flodarien
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Flodarien » 17 Sep 2012, 17:53

And even there, I hit a wall. For some reason, when I try to start with a dragon character, all the different skills are "None" so it won't even let me start with a dragon dragon, even if I try to select two "None" skills.

I just freshly installed the game, added Greyface's patch, MM8Extension, and the Party script.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 17 Sep 2012, 20:16

When I tried to download the patch, Norton popped up an alert and cancelled the download. Might want to scan the file before unpacking it. :)

solitaire345
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby solitaire345 » 17 Sep 2012, 20:52

I get this error in the MMExtension console when I launch the game with party scripts installed and the game quits:

Code: Select all

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
G:\MMVIII\Scripts\General\Choose Party.lua:135: attempt to call field 'autohook' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
	(tail call): ?
	G:\MMVIII\Scripts\General\Choose Party.lua:135: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'dofile'
	Scripts\Core\main.lua:2148: in main chunk

local variables:
	i4 = (table: 018E4B98)
	i2 = (table: 018E4C38)
	i1 = (table: 018E4CD8)
	u4 = (table: 018E4E18)
	u2 = (table: 018E4EB8)
	u1 = (table: 018E4F58)
	call = (function: 018E92C0)
	CreateButton = (function: 01A1AFF0)
	xy = 24782440
	SetupButton = (function: 01A201B8)
	ButtonHotKey = (function: 01A1B010)
	ButtonEnable = (function: 01A1B030)
	DlgAddItem = (function: 01A1B050)
	PlayerNumbers = (table: 01A20258)
	PlayerDefaults = (table: 01A20280)
	NewGameDialog = nil
	PlayerButtons = nil
	CurrentPlayer = nil
	BtnFrames = (table: 01A205C8)
	SetupPlayerButton = (function: 01A20708)
	CreatePlayerButton = (function: 018EB300)
	UpdateDialog = (function: 01A1B070)
	SetupPlayer = (function: 01A20870)
	PlayerBuffers = (table: 01A208C0)
	StorePlayer = (function: 01A212E8)
	UsePlayer = (function: 019DF510)
	(*temporary) = nil
	(*temporary) = 5007296
	(*temporary) = (function: 019DF548)
	(*temporary) = "attempt to call field 'autohook' (a nil value)"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IS_IDU
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby IS_IDU » 17 Sep 2012, 21:36

And even there, I hit a wall. For some reason, when I try to start with a dragon character, all the different skills are "None" so it won't even let me start with a dragon dragon, even if I try to select two "None" skills.

I just freshly installed the game, added Greyface's patch, MM8Extension, and the Party script.
I had the same problem. I fixed it by modifying Class Starting Skills.txt in your MM8\Data\Tables folder. Basically just modify the Dragon starting skills according to taste & make sure that enough are available via forced or chosen (F or C in the txt file) to meet the minimum # of skills required to create a character.
Voila! Problem fixed. Well at least for me anyways.
I then proceeded to modify Class Skills.txt as well to suit my taste a bit more but that's somewhat irrelevant.
Class Starting Stats.txt can also be modified as well if your interested.
All these files are located in the same folder. Along with some other interesting & also able to be modified files.

Hope that helps a bit. I've never posted on here before but joined just to post this as I figured it might help someone.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Sep 2012, 22:37

Flodarien wrote:First of all, you need Winrar.

Then you need to download this: https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/m ... edirects=0

With Winrar, you can open this file. You then need to press the "Extract To" Button. Then you choose your MM8 installation folder. Then press OK.

Next, you need to download this: https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/m ... edirects=0

Do the same step you did with the MM8Estension.rar file. It will add an MM8 Choose Party.exe file in your MM8 instalation folder. Open it, and then install install it where it tells you too (It should already tell you the MM8 installation folder).

And voila, that should do the trick.
Indeed, this works. And I checked the files as well - no virus there, so it's probably just the settings on the Norton program being too strict.

I use Winzip instead of Winrar, btw. I'd be happy to host Graface's patches/mods on CH if needed.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 17 Sep 2012, 22:57

That might be helpful Kalah. They look like very small files anyway.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 18 Sep 2012, 01:33

Variol, is not the location of files which changes how a bad antivirus reads them. Tweak it first, there are 0 chances that Grayface puts a virus in its files, and if he does, no antivirus will be able to detect them anyway. :D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 18 Sep 2012, 01:38

Flodarien wrote:And even there, I hit a wall. For some reason, when I try to start with a dragon character, all the different skills are "None" so it won't even let me start with a dragon dragon, even if I try to select two "None" skills.
Indeed, I forgot I modified Class Starting Skills.txt for Dragon. I can't tell when, but I'll surely release an updated version with these 2 bugs fixed and MMExt included in the installer.
solitaire345 wrote:I get this error in the MMExtension console when I launch the game with party scripts installed and the game quits:
You've got an old MMExtension version.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

BTB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BTB » 03 Feb 2013, 04:36

I get that if I just update the text files in the "tables" folder that the game should load them automatically, but is there a way to go about simply injecting the new tables into the .exe file?

Return to “Might and Magic”