The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DrAJ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Questions

Unread postby DrAJ » 01 Jul 2014, 15:32

Just Love this MOD so far - just a quick question
= in TCC part 1 is there any place for safe storage

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Questions

Unread postby the beavers1 » 02 Jul 2014, 20:14

DrAJ wrote:Just Love this MOD so far - just a quick question
= in TCC part 1 is there any place for safe storage
Castle Harmondale should still be safe..... But its been a while since Ive played, and I never needed a storage place lol
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 03 Jul 2014, 05:11

TCC is the MM6 mod. MM6 has no permanent containers, and TCC didn't change that fact.

The respawn rates are determined by difficulty, with the top mode having respawns as fast as 1 day.

That being said, under what circumstances do you need to store things for long periods of time? The reason they are useful in 7 is because training takes 8 days PER LEVEL, so you can easily run a couple years. In MM6, it is 8 days total no matter how many levels are trained.

Even when I played TCC the first time without any focus at all on game time, my final score was somewhere around 7 months.

DrAJ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Storage in MM6

Unread postby DrAJ » 04 Jul 2014, 00:50

Well I always used the 3 chests in Goblinwatch to store things - It never respawns in MM6 so is perfect.

DrAJ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Storage

Unread postby DrAJ » 05 Jul 2014, 21:58

I am going to try and use the Barracks in Demonclaw - i'll post if I have any problems

terabyte
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby terabyte » 15 Aug 2014, 02:38

I'm having trouble finding mace master. The experts say he's in Chernobug. I can't find him there. Anyone know where I could find him? Thanks!

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 15 Aug 2014, 16:01

Didn't play this in the last 8 months but I am pretty sure he is in Bog of Tuonela, more precisely in the tavern.

terabyte
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby terabyte » 15 Aug 2014, 19:09

I checked the tavern in the town. There is a teacher there but he teaches axe master. I checked the rest of the town but couldn't find him.

DrAJ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DrAJ » 23 Aug 2014, 21:25

terabyte wrote:I'm having trouble finding mace master. The experts say he's in Chernobug. I can't find him there. Anyone know where I could find him? Thanks!
He is there - directly across from the Dark Magic Shop in Chernburg

hauko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hauko » 21 Oct 2014, 20:10

The staff of Merlin isn't in the chest where it is supposed to be =(
Is there a way to get it via console or trainer?

Otherwise great mod everythign works fine

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 22 Oct 2014, 01:18

You can get the Staff from random level 6 drops as it is still a normal artifact, but are you sure you are looking for it in the right place? I've never had a problem with this quest.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 22 Oct 2014, 01:57

hauko wrote:The staff of Merlin isn't in the chest where it is supposed to be =(
Is there a way to get it via console or trainer?

Otherwise great mod everythign works fine
if you are positive you opened the right chest, try opening it again, if there is a lot of loot (and that chest gets lots of loot) Then you will have to open it up more than once to get all the loot, staffs are big, so it is highly likely that you have to open it again.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 22 Oct 2014, 09:37

There is a trainer for MM6 (mm6che) which can add artifacts to your inventory.

Neo-Lucifer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Neo-Lucifer » 27 Jun 2015, 12:41

Is it possible to end Part one with CSSS?

From what I read only Knight,Archer and Paladin get Blaster. And if there is a monster like the reactor in the original that needs to be defeated, than I have to start over it seems....

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 27 Jun 2015, 22:10

Neo-Lucifer wrote:Is it possible to end Part one with CSSS?

From what I read only Knight,Archer and Paladin get Blaster. And if there is a monster like the reactor in the original that needs to be defeated, than I have to start over it seems....
idk much about that, but you can manually add in the blaster skill with an editor

Neo-Lucifer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Neo-Lucifer » 01 Jul 2015, 20:58

With the new group of PACM everything works great so far although I see sometimes that enemys seem to focus on a single character.

A CTD that I recently saw was by using grishnak's sword in the left hand. Other sword work though. It is just a bit sad that I can't so a spear Sword combo with it.
Edit: Okay it is called Right hand sword of Grishnak and can therefore only be used on the right hand. Still the CTD is a bit annoying. also true for the dagger found later on.

I have a tip to make some exploits useable only in the later parts:

Make the dark magic guild in Chernoburg only useable with master dark magic. Or make the expert in Jorgtown disappaer. with two dark magic user you can saefely use up to 12 or 16 armageddons and kill all range units in Port Sleigon and than hide behind the river for the soldiers of fortune or experience in that case.

Neo-Lucifer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Neo-Lucifer » 07 Jul 2015, 16:47

I also seem to have the Bell of summoning problem right now. got the quest after the clearing it and the Bell is not findable anymore. I already read that I should go to the seer for lost item, but the seer in Katan doesn't have the option. his options are only Pilgrimage and Dagda. Is there an other seer somewhere else?

Besides that I really liked the game and everything around it was made very good. I am right now on lvl 120 (hardest setting) and one of the most annoying parts was as usual castle Darkmoor with its dispelling and firelord lair with the paralyzing shooter. One of the hardest parts was the entry of Koschei. I only was able to make it after deciding that fireball is even usefull in melee combat.

On an other note: every other dungeon with condition like permament afraid, weakness or the like had it recast every minute or so. In Koschei you only get it at the beginning.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 07 Jul 2015, 17:30

Koshei is a nightmare if you start fighting after entering in. I run on right side, down the tunnel, then at middle of it I cast beacon to town. Then, when back, the liches are repositioned, with 2 bows with area fire effect you take them without a scratch.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 15 Jul 2015, 13:19

nub wrote:I am enjoying this mod. It looks pretty well balanced. But I think that healing, resting and food are just too cheap. I can beat some monsters, run away, heal or rest and beat them again. Repeat until location is cleared. It seems very casual and boring.

Expensive rest\healing would make game more tactical and less grinding, don't you think so? Are there any mod that adds such challenge?
There are some difficulty increasing mods, but nothing that increases the cost of food and healing so far as I am aware of.

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

Unread postby namad » 05 Mar 2016, 22:43

This link http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim doesn't work anymore.

can someone post the file somewhere else for me please? I wanna give it a try too.

Return to “Might and Magic”