The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 11 Nov 2013, 17:37

Well, I found telekinesis deadly good because my play-style in TCC is to go as early as possible to medusas dungeon and get town portal + beacon books. And those two chests are heavily trapped, you need full HP to open one, and you will never have that health with all the nasty medusas to defeat before.

The only thing I suffered in TCC is the lack of valid informations about a few trainers, they keep original infos but trainers location is changed. I never found the mace master for example, info says he is in Chernoburg but the house is empty.

As for the second part, I tried it a little but gave up, technically is brilliant what he did, but frankly, far away from MM game-play, nothing to explore etc. I enjoyed immensely the first part still and replayed it 5 times, last 3 in solo (with a bit of cheats to give basic skills at start so a paladin alone can make it through all game). Big fun.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 13 Nov 2013, 07:11

Levin Malma wrote:
Arret wrote:Part 2 is a completely different playstyle. Cast water walk and if necessary jump up.

Everything will have a ton of hp (some have over 17k), and you won't be able to beat the game (as intended, we can tell you how to cheese it if necessary) if you forgot to pick up several spells in part 1 (most notably telekinesis).

The last dungeon in the game really cranks the difficulty to just about impossible.
Telekinesis? 8| i have never bothered to learn earth magic since it is totally useless. Same with spirit and mind magic. If part 2 is not palyable without these please let me know and i won't waste time on this then. ;|
It really sounds like this type of game wasn't designed for you. If I remember right, there was a message from the seer when you exited part one that told you to make sure and pick up as many spells as you can (as in all of them). If you ignored it and pushed through, you will absolutely hate part 2, where the gist of the game is to travel around the world collecting different types of messages and then put them together to solve what turn out to be simple puzzles.

The game only takes 3 steps once you know how to play it. Here is the quick and dirty method.

Massive spoilers:

You can actually cheese traveling by flying to max and climbing over any mountains until you hit the border of the next zone.
Go to A1, kill Matriarch Eye (7500 hp), loot pyramid
Go to A3, grab chalice. It should be in a volcano in the southwest.
Go to B3, it will teleport you to a complete desert. Enter the pyramid and find a place to burn the chalice (near the water temple area before you hit the "back door").

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 13 Nov 2013, 07:19

tress wrote:
Telekinesis is Mind in MM VI. You seem to dislike it anyway
It's sort of cool spell (no matter mind or earth school), but honestly how many times per game we actually use it. There are couple switches you can cheese in mm6, and couple corners you can cut, but all in all, I think it's use can be counted on both hands.
Although it has some mild use, it has the problem that there is no reason at all to dump points into it, and mind is already weak enough. It really is situational.

1) The switch on the ground floor of Corlagon's Estate that opens the last door. You can save a bunch of time just pressing it with telekinesis.
2) The switch to open the door to Mordred in the dragoons area without having to sit there until the door opens (Lloyd's Becaon is still better for this)
3) There is a chest in the far northwest of Paradise Valley that you can't get without telekinesis. It usually has some pretty good loot and there is almost no danger so long as you can fly.
4) Triggering those giant red blocks to open gates in Castle Alamos if you feel like not fighting swarms of enemies.

#1 and #3 are really the only times I use it, although with different team composition I have found uses in #2 and #4.

terabyte
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby terabyte » 13 Nov 2013, 23:33

Cannot find expert or master diplomacy. Any hints? I've searched Port Sleigon, Sutterville, Katan, Avalon, Ellesia, and Jorgsberg

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Nov 2013, 05:49

It's in Castle Ka'tan, but not in the city. They are both in the same building.

Temple of Baa (where you get the chime of Harmony) from the base game.

terabyte
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby terabyte » 14 Nov 2013, 23:59

OK i just ran into another problem. I'm playing on a netbook that doesn't have page up/down, and I dont have a way of changing the keys for the fly controls. I have the on screen keyboard but that works buttly for flying. I have a desktop that I can play on but I cant find the save files of this game. I have a gog.com version. Where does one normally find them?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Nov 2013, 03:52

Save files should be in the MM6\Saves folder.

I think the default location for GoG is:
C:\GOG Games\Might and Magic VI Limited Edition\Might and Magic 6\Saves

coffee24
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coffee24 » 30 Nov 2013, 23:45

1) I just found a Lionheart Sword of Acid with a lvl 1 party in New Sorpigal (lying on the street).

Is this intended? And if yes, why?

2) Is it possible to beat the mod with a four warrior party or do I have to powergame to beat the mod?

3) And whats up with that Green Super Barrel in Elleas which gives you permanenent +50hp?
Last edited by coffee24 on 01 Dec 2013, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 01 Dec 2013, 03:29

I would suggest to play first with complete team, like original. Then, once you see what's inside, try other creative setups. Just to avoid much anger at first run. :D

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 01 Dec 2013, 22:49

coffee24 wrote:1) I just found a Lionheart Sword of Acid with a lvl 1 party in New Sorpigal (lying on the street).

Is this intended? And if yes, why?

2) Is it possible to beat the mod with a four warrior party or do I have to powergame to beat the mod?

3) And whats up with that Green Super Barrel in Elleas which gives you permanenent +50hp?
Yes, to make the quest in the city easier in addition to helping you clear out the city.

Yes in part 1, but I wouldn't advise it. In part 2 to beat it properly(if you know how to cheese it these aren't needed), you must have a self caster and an elemental caster. Due to how the last dungeon in part 1 works, it is advisable to have 2 of Knight, Archer, Paladin and 2 of Druid, Cleric, Sorcerer.

It boosted your endurance skill and gave you expert body building. There are a couple other locations with skill modifiers, but this is the only one that adds stats.

coffee24
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coffee24 » 01 Dec 2013, 23:31

Arret wrote: It boosted your endurance skill and gave you expert body building. There are a couple other locations with skill modifiers, but this is the only one that adds stats.
Isn't this a little bit overpowered for a lvl 1 group?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 02 Dec 2013, 03:51

That of course depends on what difficulty you are on. If you are on the top level, where even level 1 monsters hit for 20-25 then no. You will see that regardless, even simple monsters can have hundreds of hit points in TCC like the guy that holds the key to Goblinwatch.

coffee24
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby coffee24 » 02 Dec 2013, 11:21

But I still can become an Expert in Bodybuilding by doing it the normal way?

Or are those barrels the new "trainers"?

I am planning to play on the Adventurer difficulty so I assume that I won't need the sword and the barrel.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 03 Dec 2013, 04:01

You can do it the normal way. The barrels are just free boosts. If you don't want them don't get them.

cloud82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cloud82 » 08 Feb 2014, 15:09

I entered the Tortuga Hall and one of the door is locked.

Where is the key? Is it the key you get after defeating the Tortuga Guard outside? I manage to defeat the guard and get the key.

The problem is I entered the hall and exit immediately, then the key is lost! So that means I can't complete this game anymore? Is that a bug?

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 09 Feb 2014, 22:26

I've never had a problem with this quest before, but I always get the quest before I killed the guard or went inside.

You can pop in and out as needed, just like Goblinwatch in the base game. If you can't its a bug.

romeck
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby romeck » 14 Feb 2014, 17:47

Hi Everyone. I want to replay MM6. I found TCC mod and grayface mod. do they work with each other ? which one should i install first ? will it work on W7? i play english version of MM6 downloaded via UPLAY.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 19 Feb 2014, 05:08

Grayface is just a patch, not a mod. Do it first. Then install TCC. I haven't tried it on UPLAY before though.

cloud82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cloud82 » 19 Feb 2014, 10:47

I am currently playing TCC and everything is working except that there is no music.

Just wondering, did I miss downloading any files? How to get the music playing?

yrth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yrth » 12 Jun 2014, 13:07

would anyone mind helping me find the "tree of passage" that enables the strobelight portal to "Desolation's End" in TCC pt.2?
I already have collected all the Lennie's (o.O)

Return to “Might and Magic”