GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 Mar 2010, 18:27

Yeap. d3dsprites.hwl isn't used at all now.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 08 Mar 2010, 21:28

Awesomeness! Will have to try it out once I get my RAM back from RMA.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 09 Mar 2010, 00:59

I assume the link in your first post takes us to the update?
Last edited by Variol on 09 Mar 2010, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 Mar 2010, 07:47

Yes, the links always stay the same.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 27 Mar 2010, 13:23

Hey, thanks for all your hard work on this mod Grayface.

I just want to bring up a few suggestions I have for a future mod, and a few bugs I don't see listed here.

-I tend to play solo games a lot, so it would be nice if the Cartographer hirelings also kept expert torchlight cast all the time so that things wouldn't be so dark in a lot of dungeons when playing a warrior solo.

-The Taledon's Helm artifact is bugged, it's supposed to boost the strength of your light magic, but it didn't work when my Archmage wore it. (I'm assuming this isn't fixed as it's not listed in the readme, I found this bug years ago)

nimblejack
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

GF Patch 1.4?

Unread postby nimblejack » 31 Mar 2010, 02:27

Hello GF, thanks for the efforts you have been making for all of us who enjoy the M&M 7game. I put in your patch 1.4? 3 days ago,(03-27-10) and i still have "NO" Lich Jars in Mist. But i think my installation is "BEYOND" anybodies patch. While playing, after i chose Light Path, when my characters were about level 35 or so, i tried to save and then the game closed and when i reopened it, my character file was gone, never to return, but i was able to play off the auto save file. But i could "NOT" ever save the game again, and had to relie on the autosave feature. So then i started the game all over again and chose the path of Dark, and when my characters were about level 35 or so, WHAM, the same thing happened again.I'm about a C hair away from uninstalling and then re-installing the game, now that i have been finding all these Patches and Mods on the net. If i uninstall/re-install, would you recomend putting in your patch and BDJ's Mod both? I'm using XP Home 32 bit. And want to try out these mods.

Thank you, nimblejack.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: GF Patch 1.4?

Unread postby GrayFace » 31 Mar 2010, 12:56

Send me the save game anyway.
nimblejack wrote:If i uninstall/re-install, would you recomend putting in your patch and BDJ's Mod both?
Yes. If you encounter a problem, I can give you an older version of my patch.
You can also have two folders - one for original game and on for BDJ mod.
Try playing whole BDJ mod with 1st level party.

Maylander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Maylander » 10 Apr 2010, 18:46

Greetings! Been a huge fan of the MM series for years, and used to be active back in the old 3DO community (as well as RPGDot, RPGWatch, etc). Not sure what nick I used, most likely the same as now.

In any case, I greatly appreciate the work you've put into the patch. Works great!

However, I have a strange issue now (might not be related to the patch at all). I have a clean install with only your patch (1.4) installed on top (so game version 1.1).

The issue is a strange one - strafing doesn't work as it should, and the party tends to move slightly right or left when moving forward/backward. Often strafing works properly to one side, but not at all to the other. In other cases, I strafe slowly backward to either side whenever I press ctrl + left/right. Also, in the Red Dwarf Mine in Bracada, the movement was extremely bad - it was hard to even move around corners because the party kept moving in random directions.

Any idea what this could be, or how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Maylander

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 10 Apr 2010, 20:37

One thing I've noticed in MM7 with hardware support - the video options "Blood splats" and "Coloured lights" no longer do anything. Splats are always on and lights are always off.

EDIT: Also, in Windows 7, the sound support doesn't get detected properly, I get only Miles and D3D Software sound, while in XP I also get D3D Hardware and EAX. I'm using Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer although I don't think that it should matter in this case.

EDIT2: One more thing about sound in Win7 - the music doesn't loop when I set it to 0. But it does replay it when I alt tab into it.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 11 Apr 2010, 10:41

Maylander wrote:Any idea what this could be, or how to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Same thing with strafing, both on patched and unpatched versions. Does the regular running work so weird in Red Dwarf Mines for you?
GreatEmerald wrote:One thing I've noticed in MM7 with hardware support - the video options "Blood splats" and "Coloured lights" no longer do anything. Splats are always on and lights are always off.
In my case lights are always colored. Strange...
GreatEmerald wrote:EDIT: Also, in Windows 7, the sound support doesn't get detected properly, I get only Miles and D3D Software sound, while in XP I also get D3D Hardware and EAX. I'm using Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer although I don't think that it should matter in this case.
I think It's sufficient that the sound even works :)
GreatEmerald wrote:EDIT2: One more thing about sound in Win7 - the music doesn't loop when I set it to 0. But it does replay it when I alt tab into it.
Maybe I should try newer MSS32.dll and mp3dec.asi. Try this one from MM9: http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm ... ects=0&d=1

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Apr 2010, 13:36

That didn't change anything.
One thing I forgot to mention - I'm not using MP3 music, I'm using the CD music.
Also, using numbers 1-4 no longer allows me to select a character.

Maylander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Maylander » 11 Apr 2010, 21:18

Well, I've learned to live with the annoying strafing. The Medusa cave thing was solved after I just reset a lot of different settings and re-entered the cave. It's all good now. Off to try your latest patch for MM6 while I'm at it.

Oh, and regarding the music GreatEmerald - mine is working exactly like yours: No looping no matter the setting, CD music, Win7. Usually not something I notice, since I rarely spend a long time in any given zone without entering/exiting some sort of building (in which case the music will start again), but it definetly works the way you described it.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Apr 2010, 21:38

Yea, and it doesn't happen on XP.
By the way, what is the difference between software sound (unticked acceleration), hardware software sound (ticked acceleration and chose a software setting) and hardware sound (ticked acceleration and chose hardware setting)?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 12 Apr 2010, 13:55

I've leaned a little more about the video problem. It turns out that if I launch the game in a window, it plays correctly, but if it's fullscreen, it refuses to play past 3DO. Very strange.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 Apr 2010, 17:48

OK, I don't get it. With each game the number of correctly played videos decreases. In MM6, all videos play correctly every time. In MM7, the intro plays only 3DO and sound from others only, if I'm in fullscreen mode; but it's all OK in windowed mode with 16bit colours. It plays other videos fine in every setting, though. In MM8, the intro behaviour is identical - plays 3DO good, then NWC and everything after that is sound only unless it's in windowed mode. However, it doesn't play, for example, the death movie in fullscreen correctly either, sound only. I see the last frame of wherever I was when I died.
It doesn't make much sense TBH... Why is MM6 more compatible than other MMs? Why the difference between fullscreen and windowed mode?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 14 Apr 2010, 20:35

Probably it's because MM6 has no hardware mode at all.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 Apr 2010, 21:06

Huh, it seems you're right. I can play the videos just fine if I choose Software rendering. The question is, why does that setting even matter? Bink/Smacker shouldn't really depend on the renderer? And why only in fullscreen?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Apr 2010, 00:38

Version 1.5 is released. Got some mouse look.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 15 Apr 2010, 01:55

GreatEmerald wrote:if I launch the game in a window
You can launch it in a window? How?
GrayFace wrote:Version 1.5 is released. Got some mouse look.
You mean like MM9? :o
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Apr 2010, 07:33

Version 1.5.1 is release. One bugfix was incomplete in 1.5.
Macros the Black wrote:You can launch it in a window? How?
Set screen mode to 16 bits, run the game and press F4.
Macros the Black wrote:You mean like MM9? :o[/quote]
Like in 3D Actions.

Return to “Might and Magic”