GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
MathieuC29
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MathieuC29 » 20 Oct 2013, 10:15

Is there a reason why my reputation score is messed up. on the latest patch whenever i get rep it goes green with -5Neutral and then when i enter a building or leave map it gets reset to starting reputation. Going through the game with no rep, havent tried murdering npc and such but its going to mess with endgame good/evil components.
Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance i know this post is pretty old and its going to be a shame if this kills the mood in the game.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 20 Oct 2013, 20:50

Reputation is map-bound. Perhaps you're checking on different maps. Shops prices is the only thing I know of that it effects.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

MathieuC29
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MathieuC29 » 21 Oct 2013, 00:46

Thanks it's been a while since I last played and mm6 was played before this where rep does matter. Sorry just something else I would like to check did they lower the difficulty been noticing in some dungeons considerably less monsters and some like the red dragon on the starting isle was a lot easier.

IRID1UM
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby IRID1UM » 03 Nov 2013, 12:09

I've tried using the mm7 GrayFace patch 1.6.2 with the restool to increase the resolution of the game window, but I had no luck. I can either have the GrayFace patch OR the restool working. Is there a way to make them compatible and play mm7 GrayFace with a higher resolution?
Thanks!

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 16 Dec 2013, 22:32

There seems to be some kind of bizarre audio issue with the GOG version of this game, and this patch seems to amplify it a lot.
Any ideas for what the hell this could be?

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 02 Jan 2014, 23:01

I'm running the GOG version of the game and when I try to install the patch the graphics get screwed up. The game screen flickers from the loading screen to the actual one. If I click on a character it works again but only until I leave that screen.

edit: fixed.

Can the next patch do something about the way regeneration of hit points and spell points not working all the time? I've seen it work and not work with no pattern to it. And that weird bug you get where empty spaces in the inventory are treated as having something in it. Oh, and if the skill points game on Emerald Isle would update with the island regenerating that'd also be helpful. (Yes I suppose this is being demanding.)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Jan 2014, 09:41

Bloax wrote:There seems to be some kind of bizarre audio issue with the GOG version of this game, and this patch seems to amplify it a lot.
No idea. One thing to try is turning on/off hardware acceleration. I can also send you different versions of sound libraries.
theorclair wrote:Can the next patch do something about the way regeneration of hit points and spell points not working all the time? I've seen it work and not work with no pattern to it.
Always worked for me.
theorclair wrote:And that weird bug you get where empty spaces in the inventory are treated as having something in it.
It happens in 2 cases:
1) If you have too many 1-square objects in inventory, you can't take more items. It's a hard-to-fix bug that doesn't cause much trouble.
2) If inventory got corrupted. In this case it can be fixed with an editor like mm7view. One bug causing corruption was fixed in Mok's patch (and thus in mine as well).
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

kingnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kingnight » 27 Mar 2014, 07:15

can smoeone make the china's version?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 21 Sep 2014, 18:24

Hey! Are you still planning on making updated versions of this patch and the ones for the 2 other games? There's still a couple of bugs you could weed out, you know :P

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 30 Sep 2014, 14:38

Bug report for you:

-The "of Light Magic" enchantment on Taledon's Helm doesn't work.
- Character Awards do not display the count of Arcomage wins, only losses. It doesn't display in which inns you've won either, but I think this has always been a MM8-only thing anyway.
- The cutscene of Archibald reconciling with the Ironfists plays every time you Town Portal out of Colony Zod.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 13 Oct 2014, 18:31

Found another bug just now:
- the "remove magical aging" portion of the Sacrifice spell doesn't work.

EDIT:
To avoid any more multiple posts, I'll just keep adding the issues I see to this post here. I'll also compile all the past bugs that haven't been dealt with yet.

- There are 8 chest images in sprites.lod, yet the game only ever uses the 1st one. Some of the others could be put to use, I believe - especially since they fit!
- Armsmaster bonuses do not apply to the Staff when it's used in conjunction with the Unarmed skill (the game thinks that you basically don't have a staff at all, so it can't apply further bonuses to it)
- Instant hit spells on monsters do not work (Paralyze on Wizards). Also present in MM8
- The dual-wielding damage calculation bug that I've made another thread about.
- The Axe Grandmaster armor halving perk doesn't work.
- Not sure if the Shield spell or the "of Shielding" effect/GM Shield perk works properly.
- I think thresholds on items in regards to their identification and repair should be raised. As things are now, 30 points in ID/Repair is enough to handle the best items in the game, which defeats the purpose of Grandmaster training entirely. I suggest to raise the threshold for artifacts and relics to 45 (or 45 and 60 respectively if these two categories can be done separately) to make GM in these two skills even worth obtaining.

cori14
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cori14 » 13 Mar 2015, 20:10

Bloax wrote:There seems to be some kind of bizarre audio issue with the GOG version of this game, and this patch seems to amplify it a lot.
I have the same problem on a smaller scale. The patch makes these strange flickering in sound right before loading (like clicking to travel somewhere at the stablemaster).
GrayFace wrote:
No idea. One thing to try is turning on/off hardware acceleration. I can also send you different versions of sound libraries.
How can i disable hardware acceleration?

waltc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby waltc » 18 Mar 2015, 23:39

cori14 wrote:
I have the same problem on a smaller scale. The patch makes these strange flickering in sound right before loading (like clicking to travel somewhere at the stablemaster).
GrayFace wrote:
Run MM7setup.exe and set the audio there...I have no issues running the game under Win8.1x64 with the 1.6.2 GF patch and even mmtools resolution and texture changes (or without.)

I'm also running the Gog version of the game--BUT, if you aren't running the 2.0.0.x Gog-installer version of the game, and you are running Win7 or better, you really need to download the newer Gog version ASAP because they've made the slight changes that help a bit with the game's compatibility with newer versions of Windows (and also upgraded the desktop icons that come with the game.) Good luck--no problems here with audio.

cori14
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cori14 » 21 Mar 2015, 18:57

waltc wrote:
cori14 wrote:
GrayFace wrote: No idea. One thing to try is turning on/off hardware acceleration. I can also send you different versions of sound libraries.
Run MM7setup.exe and set the audio there...I have no issues running the game under Win8.1x64 with the 1.6.2 GF patch and even mmtools resolution and texture changes (or without.)

I'm also running the Gog version of the game--BUT, if you aren't running the 2.0.0.x Gog-installer version of the game, and you are running Win7 or better, you really need to download the newer Gog version ASAP because they've made the slight changes that help a bit with the game's compatibility with newer versions of Windows (and also upgraded the desktop icons that come with the game.) Good luck--no problems here with audio.
Oh, thanks, I didn't know of that setup exe. Sadly I tried everything, but nothing worked :/ At least it doesn't bother me, because It's like i said only during loading screens and during Acromage, any other time, the game sounds just fine.

And yes I have that version installed.

waltc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby waltc » 22 Mar 2015, 19:45

cori14 wrote:
waltc wrote:
cori14 wrote: I have the same problem on a smaller scale. The patch makes these strange flickering in sound right before loading (like clicking to travel somewhere at the stablemaster).

Oh, thanks, I didn't know of that setup exe. Sadly I tried everything, but nothing worked :/ At least it doesn't bother me, because It's like i said only during loading screens and during Acromage, any other time, the game sounds just fine.

Good deal...;) Thanks for the reply...I was beginning to wonder if anyone frequented this forum anymore...;) I tried for a few years to register and the site simply wouldn't let me...but just a few days ago I succeeded in registering, finally! Somebody finally fixed it...Hallelujah! It'd be a shame if nobody communicated here anymore...these are such timeless games...

Yes, running the config *may* help you by allowing you to choose a different sound driver, but I can assure you it's an issue of configuration...you shouldn't be getting that static--I listened to your file, and it's pretty bad! Something is just not configured properly...even though this man be the only game you have that gives you this trouble.

Good luck!
Win10x64
R5 1600 @ 3.8GHz
Radeon RX-480 8GB
16 GB ram
4.2 TB's of storage

cori14
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cori14 » 23 Mar 2015, 09:51

waltc wrote:
cori14 wrote:
waltc wrote: Run MM7setup.exe and set the audio there...I have no issues running the game under Win8.1x64 with the 1.6.2 GF patch and even mmtools resolution and texture changes (or without.)

Good deal...;) Thanks for the reply...I was beginning to wonder if anyone frequented this forum anymore...;) I tried for a few years to register and the site simply wouldn't let me...but just a few days ago I succeeded in registering, finally! Somebody finally fixed it...Hallelujah! It'd be a shame if nobody communicated here anymore...these are such timeless games...

Yes, running the config *may* help you by allowing you to choose a different sound driver, but I can assure you it's an issue of configuration...you shouldn't be getting that static--I listened to your file, and it's pretty bad! Something is just not configured properly...even though this man be the only game you have that gives you this trouble.

Good luck!
Yup I love this franchise too. Heroes 3 is my all time favourite with Diablo 2 :D I have never played Might and Magic games for more than a few minutes, but now I played through MM6 and started MM7 right away and I love them. And with Greyface's mod it's so much more comfortable to play these old games. So thank you Grayface for this mod :D

Anyway I didn't post that sound back there, I only quoted it because I have the same problem only a smaller scale. :P
I tried everything, disabling, changing to 2D audio but nothing helped :/

waltc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby waltc » 23 Mar 2015, 18:56

cori14 wrote: Yup I love this franchise too. Heroes 3 is my all time favourite with Diablo 2 :D I have never played Might and Magic games for more than a few minutes, but now I played through MM6 and started MM7 right away and I love them. And with Greyface's mod it's so much more comfortable to play these old games. So thank you Grayface for this mod :D
Yes, no mention of the games today would be complete without giving GreyFace the credit for drastically improving the games' GUI and music format (the .mp3 thing was inspired, I thought.) It wouldn't be proper to speak of these games without a nod to and a mention of GreyFace...;)

Which leads me to a question, if anyone else is listening...;) I'm currently on the last few quests in M&M7, and two things with the audio are out of balance--the footsteps are a bit too faint for my liking, and I can't actually adjust the .mp3 sound track as low as I'd like in relation to the other sound effects in the game. The volume-slider is working, it's just that notch 2 is a tad too loud and notch one is mute....Hmmm...wondering if just changing the sound API in the game would help...maybe I'll try doing that now that I'm thinking more about it...
Win10x64
R5 1600 @ 3.8GHz
Radeon RX-480 8GB
16 GB ram
4.2 TB's of storage

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 21 Apr 2015, 19:06

I want to try playing MM7 with mouse look this time, but I would like to use my mouse buttons for attack and spells, is this possible? Also is there a way to make a and d strafe instead of turning?
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

cori14
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cori14 » 22 Apr 2015, 08:23

the beavers1 wrote:I want to try playing MM7 with mouse look this time, but I would like to use my mouse buttons for attack and spells, is this possible? Also is there a way to make a and d strafe instead of turning?
Mouse button: I don't know, never tried, maybe others will help you in this.

Strafing: You can set "AlwaysStrafe" to 1 in mm7.ini and you'll be strafing with the controls.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Apr 2015, 02:14

Q and E for attack&spell are convenient. Mouse buttons can't be used for that.

Return to “Might and Magic”