GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 May 2009, 19:54

New version of my patch for MM7 is released. Here is full list of changes:
https://grayface.github.io/mm/#GrayFace-MM7-Patch
For modders: pay attention to "DataFiles" and "Custom LODs" changes.

Topics for MM6 and MM8 patches:
viewtopic.php?t=9704 - MM6
viewtopic.php?t=10240 - MM8
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/ ... 3?p=281026 - MMExtension
Last edited by GrayFace on 04 Mar 2022, 13:59, edited 29 times in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch (now for MM7)

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 23 May 2009, 22:48

GrayFace wrote:My patch for MM7 is released. Here is full list of changes:
English: http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm ... ReadMe.TXT
Russian: http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm ... Me_rus.TXT
2 modders: pay attention to "DataFiles" change at the end of the file.
My idol, :hoo: :hoo: ;) 8| :D

However, i've experienced this problem.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 May 2009, 10:14

Sorry, I haven't checked the installation. Try it now (the linked files are updated).
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 24 May 2009, 11:36

GrayFace wrote:Sorry, I haven't checked the installation. Try it now (the linked files are updated).
Man some thing weird happened :tired:

Every peasant now is run extremely fast. The game seem to be laggy when i tried to click on everything (1 second) for picking a item.

Goldgolem
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Goldgolem » 24 May 2009, 16:05

Seems like someone didn´t try his own updates :D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 25 May 2009, 14:41

Try it now

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 31 May 2009, 06:23

GrayFace wrote:Try it now
Grayface, will your patch work fine with Maestrod' mod. If possible will you give me some of instruction for make them work together.

Aku
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aku » 29 Jun 2009, 20:09

I just finished MM7 with your patch and here's two more bugs:

1. The female peasants in emerald island, harmondale, bracada and tatalia are moving with 10x speed or something. Looks funny but it's also annoying.
2. The Glory Shield relic's "of spirit magic" property doesn't work. It's actually "of mind magic", dunno if the description is wrong or the item itself. However it's possible it's like this in vanilla MM7 also since it's the first time I found this shield.

Don't know if you're still working on this patch but anyway thanks.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 01 Jul 2009, 18:37

phamlongtuan wrote:Grayface, will your patch work fine with Maestrod' mod. If possible will you give me some of instruction for make them work together.
Yes, it would work, just don't check the LODs modification option.
Aku wrote:1. The female peasants in emerald island, harmondale, bracada and tatalia are moving with 10x speed or something. Looks funny but it's also annoying.
Now I see :) It was a joke I've made on my computer. I must have forgotten about it when making the patch. :)
Aku wrote:2. The Glory Shield relic's "of spirit magic" property doesn't work. It's actually "of mind magic", dunno if the description is wrong or the item itself. However it's possible it's like this in vanilla MM7 also since it's the first time I found this shield.
I'll check it.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 10 Jul 2009, 00:24

That's weird. It won't let me download the patch. Did you take it down?
Back from the dead? Maybe.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 28 Jul 2009, 17:44

The new version is released. The links are in the first post.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 28 Jul 2009, 19:49

Very nice! Answers my music question... Though I liked the way inactive party members could use scrolls. Doesn't make too much sense, but useful... Are scrolls cast at the same level, no matter who is casting them, or does it matter? I know that high level spells will fail if non-spellcasters use it, but what about level 1 scrolls?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 28 Jul 2009, 20:33

Tried it out, and it's very nice. There are only a few small issues:
1. The menu music doesn't loop, even if the game music is set to loop (0).
2. Not sure if it's related to the patch or not, but in turn based combat, if there are no enemies around and you fire arrows, Danger Sense indicators don't turn grey - they stay green, even though players are inactive (I can see it by using scrolls on them).
3. General MM7 bug - "Show hits" option does nothing. Hits are always not shown, at least for me (hardware support).
4. Another general MM7 bug - the way hardware support handles tinting. With hardware support and no tinting, all units look exactly the same. With hardware support and tinting, different upgrade units have a different colour painted all over them. With software rendering (there is no tinting option there), different upgrade units have only parts of them with different colour, which makes it a lot more realistic.
Another example - towns. With hardware support and any of the tinting options, you will see all human males wearing white, and all females wearing green. With software rendering, they all have diffent coloured clothes on, again, very realistic.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Jul 2009, 05:34

GreatEmerald wrote:Are scrolls cast at the same level, no matter who is casting them, or does it matter? I know that high level spells will fail if non-spellcasters use it, but what about level 1 scrolls?
Yes, it doesn't matter who casts them, except the ones that drain SP (fly, water walk) can only be used by spellcasters.
GreatEmerald wrote:1. The menu music doesn't loop, even if the game music is set to loop (0).
Should it?
GreatEmerald wrote:2. Not sure if it's related to the patch or not, but in turn based combat, if there are no enemies around and you fire arrows, Danger Sense indicators don't turn grey - they stay green, even though players are inactive (I can see it by using scrolls on them).
That's because I allowed using scrolls only by the person who's selected in turn based mode.
GreatEmerald wrote:3. General MM7 bug - "Show hits" option does nothing. Hits are always not shown, at least for me (hardware support).
It works for me in hardware mode. When I kill a monster, I see a blood spread on the ground.

4. is one of two reasons I play in software mode. This one can be fixed. The other one is harder - big monsters are very hard to hit in melee.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 29 Jul 2009, 06:56

Ooh, that's good to know :) When I think about it, it is actually even better to limit scrolls to active players, because in combat spellcasters are not as useful as other party members if they don't cast spells, and usually they don't to save SP, so if they use scrolls, they save their SP and don't waste the turn of other party members.

1. Obviously, because when it stops playing you hear nothing, which is never a good thing. All other games have looping menu music. Though there is so little to do in the menu that I guess nobody will ever notice :D
2. Oh, that's what... Hmm, selected units aren't quite "active", they are both active and selected. Other units who are active but not selected could also use scrolls...
3. No, that's not what Show Hits does. What you described is "Blood splats". Show Hits is intended to show a sprite blood splat for a second on the enemy, when you hit an enemy with an arrow or a weapon. You can see a good example of that in earlier MM games, notably World of XEEN.
4. Yay! As for big monsters, why don't you use the auto attack key (a)? It automatically selects the monster and hits with melee if in range or arrows if out of range.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 29 Jul 2009, 20:03

GreatEmerald wrote:2. Oh, that's what... Hmm, selected units aren't quite "active", they are both active and selected. Other units who are active but not selected could also use scrolls...
It's different in turn-based mode. Before the fix, if you used a scroll on a character that isn't selected, the selected one would have cast it anyway. Haven't tested this in MM7 though.
GreatEmerald wrote:3. No, that's not what Show Hits does. What you described is "Blood splats". Show Hits is intended to show a sprite blood splat for a second on the enemy, when you hit an enemy with an arrow or a weapon. You can see a good example of that in earlier MM games, notably World of XEEN.
It has a different meaning here. If you turn it off, you won't see how much damage the characters do to monsters.
GreatEmerald wrote:4. Yay! As for big monsters, why don't you use the auto attack key (a)? It automatically selects the monster and hits with melee if in range or arrows if out of range.
No, it doesn't select them. The part that can be selected is shorter than their visual size. So, it's out of the screen and can't be selected by both 'A' and mouse. 'A' key just shoots them.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 29 Jul 2009, 20:49

2 - Wow, that's really odd and good to know!
3 - Yes, I see now. Hmm...
4 - That's really strange... Never run into a problem like this before myself.

A few more bugs I've found:
5. When you enter the options menu and go back without doing anything, you can no longer use your keyboard! The workaround is to save the game, and it will let you use it again.
6. Not sure if it's a bug - in the Grand Temple of the Moon, if you fall into a floor pit on the 2nd floor, there's a place where you can get infinite Telekinesis spells as well as no way out but to use Town Portal/Lloyd's Beacon. I had none of these spells, so I had to temporarily MM7View a Town Portal spell... I miss Mr. Wizard from MM3-5 :(

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 30 Jul 2009, 04:45

5. I couldn't reproduce it.
6. It's not a bug. You can use Telekinesis to open the door there. And the scrolls will disappear then.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 30 Jul 2009, 06:19

5. Hmm, happens to me every time. That is, when you click the Menu button, then click Continue, it is paused (time doesn't go as well). It seems that you can workaround it without saving as well - just go into any of the other menu options (Save, Load, Options...), then back and then Continue.
6. Again, good to know... They should have added a description of what that spell does somewhere...

And a generic glitch:
7. Game specific - when you hover your mouse on a place that doesn't give a tooltip (for example, your party protection spell icons), in some places a tooltip will appear and give you a random name (for example, I get "Gavin Magnus" while fighting Wyverns in AvLee). I've seen "Fae Dust", "Gold" etc., usually either a name of a character or an item. Of course, this is just a small glitch and doesn't bother me too much :)

EDIT: Oh, now I see the bug with large monsters... It happened when I was trying to talk to trees in the Tularean Forest. Maybe you have to step back a little when that happens?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 30 Jul 2009, 11:07

Now I see what you meant by 'options menu'. I'll fix it.

Return to “Might and Magic”